Forums > General > Derek

DEREK
Previous | 1 | Next

I quite liked it. Slow burner with potential. Gervais quite good I thought and isnt trying steal every scene.

Highlight was Kev going up to nun and delivering the joke:
"how do you get a nun pregnant?..... dress her up as a choir boy."

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Slow burner ie if you dont think its funny you dont get it?

I dont get it.

No Clive, therefore I'm out.

--

A Christ is for life, not just for dogmas.

Get in the back of the van

I know it was criticised when he did the one off show, but I didn't see it then. Only watched trailers now but it seems ridiculously cruel - the equivalent of pulling spaz faces.

I watched it last night and to be honest, I quite liked it. as mentioned before, Gervais didn't still the show. Best part, 'The other week somebody shouted out, There's an ape with sideburns!' :lol::lol::lol: Had me splitting my sides:lol:

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Did he run? :lol:

It was alright, not brilliant. No Office or Extras.

With this and Life's too Short I think he may have lost his sitcom mojo.

--

This ^

240PP said...

I thought the Liam Neeson bit in LTS was hilarious.

Jobbo said...

I know it was criticised when he did the one off show, but I didn't see it then. Only watched trailers now but it seems ridiculously cruel - the equivalent of pulling spaz faces.

The one off was really lovely. Funny, brilliant, great.

Episode 1 is more of the same. The adverts are difficult, because they do look like it's just making fun of spazzos (correct, medically accepted term). It isn't this at all. Not at all. He uses Derek's handicap as a tool to show a wonderful innocent view of the world.

Also Karl Pilkington is really, really funny in it.

Give it a whirl, watch an episode, it's not what you think. And i'm pretty sure the only people who criticized it were people who hadn't watched it.

27Gilles said...

I watched it last night and to be honest, I quite liked it. as mentioned before, Gervais didn't still the show. Best part, 'The other week somebody shouted out, There's an ape with sideburns!' :lol::lol::lol: Had me splitting my sides:lol:

Well, that actual gag was "egg with sideburns"

ilmostro said...

240PP said...

I thought the Liam Neeson bit in LTS was hilarious.

I could probably find one funny part in it too.

--

This ^

Reminds me of Simple Jack, the Ben Stiller pisstake in Tropic Thunder. And I did try to watch an episode.

Only just got around to watching this; I have a lot of time on my hands right now...

Very enjoyable. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but it's not trying to be. Comedic at times, moving at others.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular