Forums > General > Pot holes! Bloody car traps more like!

POT HOLES! BLOODY CAR TRAPS MORE LIKE!
Previous | 1 | Next

I drove home this evening up the A43, but could of mistaken it for a green lane.....There are pot holes on it that could swallow a car hole.

Trouble is it is not just one, the whole lot is a mess. Not GB's finest statement.:evil::evil:

Edited for the correct road...whoops

Updated January 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

--

My Glass is always half full

absolutely horrendous round our way too. Very dangerous too

This is where I don't understand local expenditure on roads; money is spent putting impediments on roads - speed humps - when they're already there in the form of potholes and free :?

--

Walken with dinosaurs.

It's scary to think that it has been estimated that it will cost around millions to fix all pothole problems in the UK...

--

Car Service

Mercedes Service

Saab Service

It's worth reporting them. Try this.

Some pretty nasty ones had opened up after the snow on my commute.

I was resigned to them being there for months as most are fairly minor roads, but by monday evening most had been done. I was shocked!

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

THis is where the local authorities should share best practise.

OK i am over simplifying here, but some areas filled in others not, and some roads in an area are poor and others OK. To me this is a case of where money is saved and in others not.

Holes reported.....but it is not a simple as i wanted.

--

My Glass is always half full

They don't even repair them properly, they just get a barrel of tarmac and chuck it in the hole, then go over it with something heavy. 24 hours later and the holes back again :lol:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Always report them. If you don't then you're relying on others to do so, so have little right to moan that they've not been fixed ;)

If you have reported them, then crack on and moan away.

I am slightly dubious about reporting them. There are so many websites to do it on and does the council even read them? I did a few really bad ones last year but they didn't get fixed till the whole road got resurfaced 6 months later...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Report it on the council's own website. You need to make sure that the Council you report to is the one that has responsibility for the roads. In some areas the Authority is unitary (i.e. covers everything inc highways) but in others it may be the County Council you have to report to.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular