Forums > General > New CH Vid - Spanking a 458 Spider

NEW CH VID - SPANKING A 458 SPIDER
Previous | 12 | Next

8)8)8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKu7l7XT3s&feature=em-uploademail

Paul

--

Gamertag: PJRouse

Yup, yes, and yes, great piece of skilled driving. Love the seat material, that'd help keep you in situ, hope it's wipe clean!

Bandido said...

Yup, yes and yes

I believe he's married with kids. Bad luck bandido.

Oh and good to see Llandow. Also, geek mode on, has he explained what helicopter he's using for the aerial shots?

great piece of driving, but hate those gold wheels.

I wonder who 'subcontracted' him the car ?

Hypothetically speaking, what would have happened if he binned that car with FNE actually not giving him permission to drive it?

When you agree to a press car don't they have to set up the insurance etc?

speedingfine said...

Oh and good to see Llandow. Also, geek mode on, has he explained what helicopter he's using for the aerial shots?

So that's where that was! I thought I knew all the circuits in the UK, but couldn't place this one.
A bit, er, Mickey Mouse?

Great vid and driving though. Can't wait to see the fallout from FNE... :lol:

Really liked the gold wheels, although I wouldn't be brave enough to spec them.

He should know by now that the massive front ride height is standard Ferrari UK practice to reduce the number of complaints from UK owners about grounding out the front on speed humps. First thing any proper owner does is wind the front down by at least an inch and get the thing properly set up.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Really doubt the car is subcontracted, the risks of binning it and having to pay are much too great, he's just trying to keep his name hyped up as the "relatable guy" journalist

Alan said...

great piece of driving, but hate those gold wheels.

I wonder who 'subcontracted' him the car ?

From what I've read before, FNE is a Ferrari UK press car.

I think Clarkson drove that car last July.

As a non-ferrari-fanboi, I can confirm that vid was fwapping awesume. 8)

speedingfine said...

Looked to me more like a GoPro on a very long pole, on a car - if you're referring to the high tracking shots on track?

I didn't immediately think helicopter, model or otherwise, anyway - not sure if they are stable enough for that sort of thing as of yet.

David_Yu said...

speedingfine said...

So that's where that was! I thought I knew all the circuits in the UK, but couldn't place this one.
A bit, er, Mickey Mouse?

He should know by now that the massive front ride height is standard Ferrari UK practice to reduce the number of complaints from UK owners about grounding out the front on speed humps. First thing any proper owner does is wind the front down by at least an inch and get the thing properly set up.

We will have to get Qjump to confirm this of course ;).

On a separate subject I saw a black on black 458 spyder the other day and thought it looked rather meh.

Visceral1111 said...

David_Yu said...

speedingfine said...

A bit, er, Mickey Mouse?

On a separate subject I saw a black on black 458 spyder the other day and thought it looked rather meh.

How did you guess i would watch this thread?
I love all Chris Harris reports and this is as fine as most of them.
My car has the front lifter for the speed bumps, and honestly i have used it three times in nearly two years.
My car also looks like it has too much space in the wheel arches, its just that wheel tyre combo I think. when I first got my car i kept checking I had not left the lift on or the suspension settings on soft git.

--

Q

There are some great GoPro drones out there now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-xvmOEmbyco#t=40s

Updated January 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM

--

Yamaha XJ6

Great vid and really impressive car, but surely the 458 would be equally impressive in a manual format...

Updated January 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Qjump said...

Visceral1111 said...

David_Yu said...

speedingfine said...

A bit, er, Mickey Mouse?

How did you guess i would watch this thread?
I love all Chris Harris reports and this is as fine as most of them.
My car has the front lifter for the speed bumps, and honestly i have used it three times in nearly two years.
My car also looks like it has too much space in the wheel arches, its just that wheel tyre combo I think. when I first got my car i kept checking I had not left the lift on or the suspension settings on soft git.

All modern Ferraris are on height adjustable coilovers, so it's only an hour or so's labour to get them set to how you want.

I took my F430 Spider to QV who prep loads of race Ferraris and they took about an inch off the front then reset the camber. Report HERE. Totally eliminated any understeer and transformed the handling.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Thanks for the tip David
I will get to it!

--

Q

The 458 is probably all the supercar anyone would ever need / want at the moment ... fast, agile, beautiful, relatively practical and usable.

Surpasses - subjectively - all current supercars, whilst "punching above its weight" and making hypercars look somewhat over-styled / over-powered.

Piro said...

The 458 is probably all the supercar anyone would ever need / want at the moment ... fast, agile, beautiful, relatively practical and usable.

Surpasses - subjectively - all current supercars, whilst "punching above its weight" and making hypercars look somewhat over-styled / over-powered.

what said above + gold wheels are v nice(I(because i'm still young) would order them) + yesterday evening the video was private, now it seems that is not..:roll:

Nice. But I still only want an F40...

--

Bunta's Tofu

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular