Forums > General > Alloy Refurbs

ALLOY REFURBS
Previous | 1 | Next

Couldnt see any posts about actual alloy refurbs so thought id share my recent experience if anyones lookin for a good place to get their alloys sorted.

I live near Chester so had a look around and found a couple of places not too far away then I found these guys. I booked my beemer in and was not disappointed with the outcome! They do pretty much everythin from single piece to all the split rims etc. Just dont do diamond turning but that never lasts anyway. My 4 wheels were £295 for everything including painting my callipers and givin my car a polish.

Highly recommend these guys plus the receptionist is a bit of alright.

www.f1alloys.co.uk

Let's hope your receptionist doesn't see this.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

They love it

N said...

Mito Man said...

They love it

She did; I didn't. Very disappointing.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Took my wife boxster s to Rimstock (www.rimstock.co.uk). She has split rims and they were in an awful state. They took them apart and put them through part of the process they use to manufacture new wheels and they came back as good as new.. including the diamond cut. Was about £500, but considering the state they were in was very impressed.

Draavig said...

She has split rims and they were in an awful state.

Cor blimey :shock:

--

BMW Car Magazine @QuentlyBentin

Sundayjumper said...

N said...

Mito Man said...

They love it

She did; I didn't. Very disappointing.

Let's hope your wife doesn't see this :lol:

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Draavig said...

Took my wife boxster s to Rimstock (www.rimstock.co.uk). She has split rims and they were in an awful state. They took them apart and put them through part of the process they use to manufacture new wheels and they came back as good as new.. including the diamond cut. Was about £500, but considering the state they were in was very impressed.

I might give them a go on my BMW split rims. The centres are fine, to be honest, but the rims have corrosion under the lacquer and a cheap refurb won't look as good as the original diamond cut finish. I was quoted over a grand by my usual chap to do them as original :shock: That did include £400 of new bolts though, and he's really, really good (and cheap usually):

www.1stclassalloys.co.uk

Jobbo said...

Draavig said...

I might give them a go on my BMW split rims. The centres are fine, to be honest, but the rims have corrosion under the lacquer and a cheap refurb won't look as good as the original diamond cut finish. I was quoted over a grand by my usual chap to do them as original :shock: That did include £400 of new bolts though, and he's really, really good (and cheap usually):

www.1stclassalloys.co.uk

The spambots have hacked Jobbo's account!:shock:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

What makes you think that? I specifically posted an alternative to the spammer's site.

Jobbo said...

What makes you think that? I specifically posted an alternative to the spammer's site.

:cry: Twas merely intended as a bit of light hearted banter.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

Jobbo said...

Do we do light hearted banter on this forum? Mocking - yes. Belittling - yes. Criticism - of course. But what is this light hearted banter you speak of? :lol:

B_T_S

Updated January 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

--

There's no replacement for displacement

duncs500 said...

Jobbo said...

Sorry, it did look quite like spammer format and that was entirely intentional :D

Jobbo said...

www.1stclassalloys.co.uk

£400 for the bolts? :shock:

I was going to say the diamond cut finish will never last, but as the car only leaves the garage for mots they should be fine for a few years ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular