Forums > Gaming forum > Aliens: Colonial Marines

ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES
Prev | 123 | Next

IGN don't like it

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

£37.99

Vs

£69.99

Its not THAT much more. But like Yu, I will get into (more) trouble.

Apparently it's supposed to be "Thrifty February"??

zedleg said...

IGN don't like it

Sounds very shitty on console, doesn't it?

Oh dear. Annoyingly despite being ordered on Amazon Prime, my copy isn't due to arrive until tomorrow.

But I did say the graphics looked crap in the trailers.
In a perverse way it makes me glad I did order the Collectors Edition as at least I will have a POWER LOADER model to show for it, long after I've finished the game and probably sold it on...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

At least the PC version gets a better score .. "Mediocre"

IGN CLICKY

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Well my 9 year old nephew loves it, God knows why it's an 18. Personally I think it's crap.

I dont want to get it - the whole development story stinks to high heaven and then some.

Short version based on rumours: Gearbox sandbagged this for years while using the resources from Sega to concentrate on Boarderlands...

But it is Aliens...and I love Aliens...I'm going to give in and get it I just know...

--

Bunta's Tofu

Wait a week till my nephew's finished it and you can buy mine.

My Collector's Edition has finally arrived! Off to see how sh!te the Power Loader model looks...

Wow, actually the Collectors Edition is ace! Lovely presentation box, finely detailed model of Power Loader with USMC Marine onboard and Xenomorph attacking it.

You also get a really nice envelope of orders, a spaceship blueprint, and a couple of iron-on USMC patches (shame it's not the "Death from Above" Dropship pilot one).

You get some cool DLC including Hick's shotgun and Ripley's kickass pulse rifle/flamethrower combo (which for some reason is the only pulse rifle to hold 95 rounds as per the movie. The others only hold 40).

Played the first mission and enjoyed it. Hey, it's an Aliens game with all the right sound effects and the real settings from the movie.
Some horrendous graphical and collision detection glitches, but I'm still loving it.

I see Bunts has succumbed as he predicted and is already playing too! :lol:

Updated February 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Well it is Aliens :)

--

Bunta's Tofu

David_Yu said...

My Collector's Edition has finally arrived! Off to see how sh!te the Power Loader model looks...

Wow, actually the Collectors Edition is ace! Lovely presentation box, finely detailed model of Power Loader with USMC Marine onboard and Xenomorph attacking it.

You also get a really nice envelope of orders, a spaceship blueprint, and a couple of iron-on USMC patches (shame it's not the "Death from Above" Dropship pilot one).

You get some cool DLC including Hick's shotgun and Ripley's kickass pulse rifle/flamethrower combo (which for some reason is the only pulse rifle to hold 95 rounds as per the movie. The others only hold 40).

Played the first mission and enjoyed it. Hey, it's an Aliens game with all the right sound effects and the real settings from the movie.
Some horrendous graphical and collision detection glitches, but I'm still loving it.

Hick's shotgun can be found on the first level anyway, not sure about the Ripley combo but I'm sure it is somewhere as each level has a hidden weapon, dog tags and audio logs for you to find, not really fitting with the concept of escape / run and gun but hey!

You have to upgrade each gun in the pause menu when you rank up, one of the first you get is to upgrade the ammo clip on the pulse rifle to 60 rounds, then the next level is 95.

Yep, nephew has both in his arsenal now.

Prefer the tactical shotgun to Hicks' pump action.

Looking forward to getting a smart gun!

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Bunta said...

concentrate on Boarderlands...

Post apocalyptic vision of private education, I'd play that...

So post ACM have Alienistas got anything to look forward to?

First person to mention Prometheus 2 gets nuked from orbit.

My sources indicate that Sega are going to try and sue Gearbox...

--

Bunta's Tofu

Bunta said...

For producing such a shit game?

Zonda_ said...

Bunta said...

For producing such a shit game?

For taking 6 years and millions of Sega's cash and then claiming it was all spent on Aliens.

Gearbox spent it on Boarderlands.

Sega however should have sent a producer over to at least check on progress - I cannot believe that the publisher just accepted Gearbox's lies for so long without actually sitting down to play a working build.

--

Bunta's Tofu

David_Yu said...

Prefer the tactical shotgun to Hicks' pump action.

Looking forward to getting a smart gun!

Finished it days ago and yes, it is quite poo. But I still loved spending a few more hours in the world of Aliens and seeing APCs and Drop Ships in action again.
It was also great to see Henrikssen and Biehn reprise their roles (but why do all Henrikssen shaped androids have to be called Bishop?).

BUT, re the aforementioned Smart Gun, WTF? I realise it makes things far too easy, but to only get one go in the whole game?

I was keen to see this different interpretation of events after Aliens rather than the abortion that was Alien3, but it really isn't handled well, e.g. it's never vaguely explained why the Sulaco jumped back to Acheron after supposedly dumping Ripley, Newt and half-Bishop at Fury 161.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I finished it.

What a bloody mess...I can think of a phone books worth of issues across the board!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Yahtzee didn't mince his words - Clicky :lol:

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular