Forums > Any other business > Eco/Evo Petrol Cars

ECO/EVO PETROL CARS
Previous | 123 | Next

Can anyone name me any? Less than £6k.

And I'm talking at least 35mpg mixed. I really don't want to end up in a Diesel...

--

ClubLupo

Sorry but Mk5 GTI.

--

M235i -- DCR, no dogging privacy glass, carbon manuel knob and a straight steering wheel

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Sorry but Mk5 GTI.

35MPG?

A Jaguar XJS V12. You should get 3.5mpg if you're sensible.

:lol:

--

---------------------------
"Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact... there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact." Dr. Neil Fox, 2001.

I think the 35mpg was a combined cycle.

How about a Focus ST. Some Mountune fettling will have you a genuinely quick car.

--

"Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact... there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact." Dr. Neil Fox, 2001.

Lupo GTI!

Marv said...

Lupo GTI!

35MPG?

Don't really like the Focus ST - and assuming you're talking about the 2.5/5cyl, I was under the impression the MPG on those was pretty poor.

Golf GTi I hadn't considered, and its a good shout. Few available in the price range, but they're closer to 100k miles. I did drive one when I had the GTA and found them to be pretty dull, but as my options are limited, it's now definately a contender.

--

ClubLupo

Marv said...

Lupo GTI!

My sisters just bought another LupoGTi - I went and picked it up a few weeks ago :) I'd genuinely forgotten how well composed and comfortable they were as it happily did 80mph.

And on a similar note, that got me looking at Lupo TDi's - have you seen what they fetch??? £30/year tax and over 60mpg on a run has clearly made them a very popular car...

Updated January 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM

--

ClubLupo

Slightly scruffy Elise S1 :)

Cheers

Steve

_Steveo_ said...

Slightly scruffy Elise S1 :)

Cheers

Steve

In a moment of madness I did consider it for a while, then remembered how much I hated doing the winter motorway runs in my old one :P

--

ClubLupo

I had a 280 (ish) bhp Pumaspeed Focus ST. Averaged 18.5mpg over 6 months, from mixed speeds of driving. My best friend was a business manager for VW at the time the MK5 gti was on the market - he always suggested 25mpg average was what you should expect.

Alex88 said...

Marv said...

Lupo GTI!

35MPG?

Probably?

Alex88 said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Sorry but Mk5 GTI.

35MPG?

I got an average of 33mpg over 22,000 miles in mine. I checked the fuel computer a few times by brimming the tank and emptying but it turns out that the computer was pretty accurate so I stopped checking.

Since the diesel Golf cannot qualify as a petrol car your choice should be an F40 - which would be a real bargain at £6K :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I think you're going to struggle to get 35mpg from anything EVO I fear.

How about a Clio 197?

:?:

--

Mini Cooper?

--

Cheers,

Ian

Octavia vRS, the 2.0 TFSI ones start well below £6k, official combined mpg is 35.8 (although how likely you are to achieve that will be very dependent on how you drive it). Better value than a mkV Golf GTI. Or Seat Leons with the same engine are down at that price now.

Any size/age requirements? Something fun down a B-road or comfy and with pace for longer trips?

1anf said...

Mini Cooper?

this

or that lupo GTi

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular