Forums > General > Eco/Evo Petrol Cars

ECO/EVO PETROL CARS
Previous | 123 | Next

Can anyone name me any? Less than £6k.

And I'm talking at least 35mpg mixed. I really don't want to end up in a Diesel...

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

Sorry but Mk5 GTI.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Sorry but Mk5 GTI.

35MPG?

A Jaguar XJS V12. You should get 3.5mpg if you're sensible.

:lol:

--

I like it round the 'ring.

I think the 35mpg was a combined cycle.

How about a Focus ST. Some Mountune fettling will have you a genuinely quick car.

--

Lupo GTI!

Marv said...

Lupo GTI!

35MPG?

Don't really like the Focus ST - and assuming you're talking about the 2.5/5cyl, I was under the impression the MPG on those was pretty poor.

Golf GTi I hadn't considered, and its a good shout. Few available in the price range, but they're closer to 100k miles. I did drive one when I had the GTA and found them to be pretty dull, but as my options are limited, it's now definately a contender.

--

ClubLupo

Marv said...

Lupo GTI!

My sisters just bought another LupoGTi - I went and picked it up a few weeks ago :) I'd genuinely forgotten how well composed and comfortable they were as it happily did 80mph.

And on a similar note, that got me looking at Lupo TDi's - have you seen what they fetch??? £30/year tax and over 60mpg on a run has clearly made them a very popular car...

Updated January 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM

--

ClubLupo

Slightly scruffy Elise S1 :)

Cheers

Steve

_Steveo_ said...

Slightly scruffy Elise S1 :)

Cheers

Steve

In a moment of madness I did consider it for a while, then remembered how much I hated doing the winter motorway runs in my old one :P

--

ClubLupo

I had a 280 (ish) bhp Pumaspeed Focus ST. Averaged 18.5mpg over 6 months, from mixed speeds of driving. My best friend was a business manager for VW at the time the MK5 gti was on the market - he always suggested 25mpg average was what you should expect.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Alex88 said...

Marv said...

Lupo GTI!

35MPG?

Probably?

Alex88 said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Sorry but Mk5 GTI.

35MPG?

I got an average of 33mpg over 22,000 miles in mine. I checked the fuel computer a few times by brimming the tank and emptying but it turns out that the computer was pretty accurate so I stopped checking.

Since the diesel Golf cannot qualify as a petrol car your choice should be an F40 - which would be a real bargain at £6K :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I think you're going to struggle to get 35mpg from anything EVO I fear.

How about a Clio 197?

:?:

--

Mini Cooper?

--

Cheers,

Ian

Octavia vRS, the 2.0 TFSI ones start well below £6k, official combined mpg is 35.8 (although how likely you are to achieve that will be very dependent on how you drive it). Better value than a mkV Golf GTI. Or Seat Leons with the same engine are down at that price now.

Any size/age requirements? Something fun down a B-road or comfy and with pace for longer trips?

1anf said...

Mini Cooper?

this

or that lupo GTi

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular