Forums > General > Dealers adding badging

DEALERS ADDING BADGING
Previous | 12 | Next

I used to quite like the little saint logo added by All Saints' Garage of Bromsgrove on cars the sold. But this dealer takes it to another level; not with his own logo but with extra badges.

The S320 CDI is a particular delight.

http://www.hicalibrecars.com/showroom.htm

Any car purchased has the following rules:

No dealer stickers in window
No dealer stickers in bodywork
No dealer logo on number plates, just the legal info
No super huge tax disc holder

The amount of "Go Perry's" or other badges just ruin a car...... or even dangerous as they like ot put sickers in rear windows right in the awkward locations to see out of!

I don't like dealer stickers on the bodywork at all, generally - but original dealer keyring, tax disc holder, numberplates etc add originality so I like those. Obviously more interesting on an older car.

Of course, if you look at the dealer link in my post it's not dealer logos which are the real point of this thread...

Updated January 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I don't know, the B200 Turbo D Sport is quite fetching.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

The Nurburgring stickers:lol:

the E class is the best out of that stocklist :lol:

--

Cheers,
James

Jobbo said...

I don't like dealer stickers on the bodywork at all, generally - but original dealer keyring, tax disc holder, numberplates etc add originality so I like those. Obviously more interesting on an older car.

Of course, if you look at the dealer link in my post it's not dealer logos which are the real point of this thread...

WTF is that sh1t stuck to the front wings of the bigger cars? Dealer has had a taste bypass, what a cretin.

Carl.

I do like the E-class, but he's only added one badge to the interior and none to the top of the engine. The newer S320 CDI has at least 4 separate extra badges on the engine itself, which really is the epitome of class and distinction.

:lol: :shock:

Reminds me of a story - whether true or not I don't know - that for the Tipo, Fiat were going to abbreviate turbo diesel to Tur D.

Read 'About Us'...

Updated January 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM

--

Waiting to die.

I have just noticed that you can look at cars he's sold. So he removes the front VW badge from VW Phaetons :lol:

At least he resisted putting M badges all over the 730d SE. He did put turbo and SE ones everywhere instead...

nuttinnew said...

:lol: :shock:

Read 'About Us'...

Looks fake but he's a real person..

Jobbo said...

I have just noticed that you can look at cars he's sold. So he removes the front VW badge from VW Phaetons :lol:

Have you seen what he's done to the rear badge? The guy's a nutter:lol:

No one will know it's a Volkswagen now.:roll:

--

Entirely pointless

Jobbo said...

I have just vommited my sunday roast! Why Why Why! There is no need and ...... no is not more attractive to buying a car...... maybe if you live in cheshire or essex?

:)

Jobbo said...

And with an inverted rear badge.

Judging by his photo, he definitely has no issue with stick-on cosmetic additions.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

My favourite! No idea what the one on the rear deck says - 987111? The little coupe on the side leaves no confusion as to what it is though, and as for the extra shields everywhere! :lol:

--

Cheers

Rich

Oozes class!

--

A yellow loltus

Rich B said...

The little coupe on the side leaves no confusion as to what it is though

He is consistent in being helpful like that. The badge on this 911 appears to read cabriolet :D

ukpete said...

Jobbo said...

Have you seen what he's done to the rear badge? The guy's a nutter:lol:

No one will know it's a Volkswagen now.:roll:

'Same as a Bentley!', but when he rolls it at the Nurburgring they'll know it's a VW.

Damnit, I'm going to have to set up a car site in Birmingham selling ex-taxis from the area with Nurbullring stickers on.

--

Waiting to die.

Jobbo said...

My usual plan of action when buying any car is to get it home, order logo less numberplates and peel any stickers off.

However the brm atomix still has te original dealer numberplates, rear screen sticker and tax disk holder and I quite like them :oops:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular