Forums > General > Parking fine received

PARKING FINE RECEIVED
Previous | 1 | Next

This dropped through the letter box this morning regarding illegal parking by 2 TRX which is the plate on my blue m coupe.

A larger copy can be seen

HERE

Spot anything wrong? The camera must have lots of dust on the lens as the quality is shocking. After a bit of squinting and some guess work I think the plate is 2 TRK as an online search gives - Porsche 911 turbo tiptronic s black 2006.

I was going to ignore it but as it's council issued it probably has more legal backing than the privately issued tickets. I doubt I'll be able to speak to a human on the phone number supplied so I'll have to post the ticket back to them. The rear of it has a section to explain why you shouldn't be prosecuted so that will have to do for now.

Updated January 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Should be quite simple as its not your car or number plate:lol:

You'd think so but you obviously have more faith then me in dealing with local authorities.

Should be pretty straight forward but best of luck :D

There is this corker on boatshoes Peeow

John said...

You'd think so but you obviously have more faith then me in dealing with local authorities.

Ineed, I'd guess their initial reponse will be one of:
1) Tough. Pay up or it'll cost you more
2) We've cancelled the ticket, but don't do it again you naughty boy.

On the plus side, council tickets are pretty easy to appeal, an I can't see an adjudicator siding with them if you have to take it that far.

Updated January 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM

John said...

I have no faith in dealing with local authorities at all but I'd say that the fact that its not your car or registration plate would stand firmly in your favour, irrespective of the dummies you may have to deal with to resolve it.

That looks like the most unofficial council note ever :lol:
I'd ignore it, then tell them to fvck off at the last moment as its not your car.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Send an email explaining that it's not your car, with a rear shot of a 911 and a Z3M included, along with an abbreviated and polite version of the pertinent points your opening post.

If they continue to chase it, let them take it to court, then ask them to cover your costs as the judge laughs them out of the place.

Very simple. It's clearly human error, they will back down, simple as. Not everyone can tell the arse of a 911 from a blurry photo, assuming they even bothered to check the reg/model/etc.

Be a legend and do a specsavers type meme and email it to the council? Please? Pretty please?

Updated January 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM

--

So you want me to return the form and in the comments section put "SHOULD'VE GONE TO SPECSAVERS"

:lol:

Edit, this'll do

Updated January 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM

YES! :D

--

Mito Man said...

That looks like the most unofficial council note ever :lol:
I'd ignore it, then tell them to fvck off at the last moment as its not your car.

Is this your professional legal advice?

--

Out of step with the forum.

Mant years ago I got a parking ticket issued in Walthamstow. I was quite surprised as I had not been south of the border at the time.

I phone up the council and explained that I was not there and could prove with time coded entries at work that I was there in Galashiels.

They said that my car was there so I had to pay. I asked what kind of car it was and they said a black Rover. I explained that my car with the reg G47 RSR, as on the ticket, was a light blue Honda. I suggested they ask DVLA if they needed to check. They said I had to post my V5 to them, I ended up faxing it to them, some weeks later I got a letter of apology. I wish I had framed it! :)

I suspect if you go down a similar route you will have a similar result.

I completed an online appeal form on the day I received the ticket and have received a reply today.

"Having looked into the matter further, I am pleased to inform you that I have accepted your explanation in response to the penalty charge notice and have arranged for the penalty to be cancelled"

Case closed, hopefully.

Good stuff.

I thought parking on those lines by a crossing was a penalty points offence too - although I'm guessing the police don't bother with it any more and leave it to the council to fine instead.

simongardner said...

Good stuff.

I thought parking on those lines by a crossing was a penalty points offence too - although I'm guessing the police don't bother with it any more and leave it to the council to fine instead.

Unless your dropping your kids off at school around a blind corner fed from a junction, like the primary school between my home and the office, of course...

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular