Forums > General > Elephant in the room?

ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM?
Previous | 1 | Next

holocaust

So are the MPs saying the Isrealis are not committing atrocities or that the timing is off?

It seems like when there is an attempt to discuss immigration and you get branded racist.:?:

There's never a good time to raise the issue of Israel seemingly state-sanctioning the murder of innocent Palestinians. Don't you know that they were persecuted almost 70 years ago? You heartless and cruel b*****d.

Of course it's ludicrous. Whether there's any truth in what he has said is seemingly of little importance to anyone that's taken such offence to his remarks.

This again?

1) Although I do not condone in any way what goes on in Israel/Palestine comparing Holocaust to the current situation is completely wrong - there is no governmental agenda of exterminating the Palestinian people and blaming all the ills of the world on them as an excuse.

The settlements are wrong and there can be a discussion of measured responses, but it isn't even on the same planet as Holocaust.

2) It is a source of much anger that Israeli = Jewish person in the press.

Etc.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

there is no governmental agenda of exterminating the Palestinian people and blaming all the ills of the world on them as an excuse.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

DeskJockey said...

there is no governmental agenda of exterminating the Palestinian people and blaming all the ills of the world on them as an excuse.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

Can never say 100% - but that isn't the point. There is no government propaganda machine dehumanizing them, no concentration camps, etc.

As I said: I don't agree with the settlement policy and I firmly believe that no topic should be off-topic. But if you are to compare one situation with another there has to be commonalities - I can't see that the two situations are comparable.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

The thing is, he doesn't compare them. What he said is

I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza

That is in no way a comparison, more a statement of surprise/disappointment/etc that a race that was so horrifcally persecuted could then seemingly inflict atoricities themselves.

I met quite a few Israelis when I was travelling. Some of their opinions were rather worrying. I heard things along the lines of 'The Muslims are getting too powerful, something must be done about them.'

They didn't seem to distinguish between Muslim and Palestinian in the same way that Israeli and Jew have not been distinguished between here.

Worrying as well that these were young people, who one would hope are usually more forward thinking.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I like to think of myself as a tolerant, open-minded person.
But I'd just like to say that the very concept of religion should be expunged from humanity.

Take responsibility for your actions and don't blame your fictional friend in the sky...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

But I'd just like to say that the very concept of religion should be expunged from humanity.

Take responsibility for your actions and don't blame your fictional friend in the sky...

That would have no bearing on man's atrocities against man. They'd just be committed in the name of something other than religion.

Swervin_Mervin said...

David_Yu said...

That would have no bearing on man's atrocities against man. They'd just be committed in the name of something other than religion.

Terrorism / fight against

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Swervin_Mervin said...

David_Yu said...

Football.

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

Swervin_Mervin said...

David_Yu said...

Bacon.

--

Plump eyes?

Jackleg said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

David_Yu said...

Bacon.

Unlike religion, bacon is worth dying for.

I've killed for bacon before, and I'd do it again, I tell you.

David_Yu said...

Amen momshaba durka durka mohammad ali.

I'm with you on this mate - some of the insane rubbish I see in India everyday because of "religion" makes me sick to the core.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Beany said...

Jackleg said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

David_Yu said...

Bacon.

Unlike religion, bacon is worth dying for.

I've killed for bacon before, and I'd do it again, I tell you.

Well duh. If it wasn't for bacon mankind would never have progressed so far.

I've never killed for bacon, but I've killed because people have eaten my bacon..

--

Plump eyes?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular