Forums > General > Car Servicing

CAR SERVICING
Previous | 1 | Next

Hi guys,

The fiesta went for its first service since i got hold of it. It was absolutely fine except the brakes were sticking due to dust.

I have two questions:

Does having steelies affect this? Would alloys prevent dust build up?

Also HOW MUCH??!!- It was in for two hours and charged me £226

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Did you take it to Ford?

Do you have a need for dealer stamps? (IE is it fairly new?)

If yes, and no, then learn how to do it yourself - brakes are fairly easy, oil/filter changes are a piece of the proverbial, etc.

It was Dews Motor Group in Halifax. The only reason i chose them were they do fords.

Literally they've put some oil in and stripped the brakes. Personally i'd love to learn how to do it myself, but i wouldnt be that confident especially with brakes!

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Was stripping the brakes part of the two hours or a seperate charge?

How much per hour?

If nothing was replaced, then worst case:
Six litre of decent oil = £50 or so.
Oil filter = £10 or less
Pollen filter = £15
Air filter = £15
Spark plugs x4 = £20 for all

So that's £110. Are they charging £50/hr or what?

most main dealers start around £50 an hour, so doesnt seem too absurd tbh.

brakes are easy, they'll only go back together one way, and as long as you remember to tighten everything up properly then you can't really go wrong, yet load of people are scared stiff of touching them ( not that it's much fun in this weather :lol: )

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Fvkc me, think I'll stick to indies and mates :lol:

And yes, Brakes - if I had a need to strip my brakes, and a weekend of clear weather (or a garage) to do it in, no problem.

Neither situation has arisen recently however, so off to the local tyre fitter it goes :lol:

That's pretty good for main dealer. My second service costs £400 and the third one £800 according to the price list at my dealer :shock:

Apparently they p1ss pure Gucchi perfume in the washer fluid reservoir.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Does the third one include a cambelt or something??? :lol:

At the rate I'm going through it will need a whole new
engine I reckon :lol:. What I don't get is that it needs new spark plugs every (18000 miles) service? It just seems a bit excessive...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular