Forums > General > Which pickup?

WHICH PICKUP?
Previous | 12 | Next

We're looking to replace the XC90 in the next while after 4 years of use. There seems to be some decent contract hire deals around just now and are looking at a pickup-style car next. Just wondering if anyone still has one on here? Wife has seen the new Isuzu D-Max and the Navara as two options.

Needs to be a proper off-roader with decent ride height (rules out the FF).
Needs to be able to tow.
Decent 4WD system.
Four seats.
Load area (hence the pickup) for dogs and stuff for the shop and taking to races etc.

Any ideas?

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Any good?

a proper off-roader and if you saw the top gear it cant die. plus its toyota so you wont be having too many pricey repair bills. have you had a look at any mitsubishi l200s?

I loved my navara, I did 80k fault free miles in the 3 years I ran it with just routine servicing every 18k miles. It was great fun in rwd mode and a load faster than any of the other offerings available at the time.

--

Cheers

Rich

Ex David Beckham's American legend

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

A man with a V10 M5 needs a Dodge Ram V10 to go with it.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

A man with a V10 M5 needs a Dodge Ram V10 to go with it.

Shirley he needs a Raptor!

--

Nuts on the road

the farmer types around here seem to go for hi-lux and the newer ford rangers.

probably means theyre quite good off road, and reliable but horrible on proper roads :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

VW Amarok gets my vote.

Hilux, they are excellent.

3.0d auto drinks a bit but they're nice and rugged and can be specced up with decent options. They do a manual too.

--

This ^

Navara all day long.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Had a fair bit of experience with a few of these when I used to live in Australia. I'd be looking at the Ford Ranger above all of them - did a few thousand miles in one - great diesel engine / transmission combo (drove the manual and thought it was good, but the auto is the one that gets the praise). Good off-road ability, load space, and very functional/comfortable interior.

After that, I'd agree with the previous poster who suggested the Amarok, followed by Navara/Hilux.

Good luck!

^ should add - haven't looked at prices for these here. I based the recommendation on Aus prices...

^^ just checked them - they're an absolute steal here!!!

Updated January 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Raptor is a no-brainer shirley?

--

Cheers,
Mike

Went down to london in a 11 plate nivara before xmas. We were in a hurry too - did 90 / 100 no sweat the only issue being the ariel tapping on the roof due to speed.

I liked it. Think mate paid 19k for it new.

SimonB said...

Went down to london in a 11 plate nivara before xmas. We were in a hurry too - did 90 / 100 no sweat the only issue being the ariel tapping on the roof due to speed.

I liked it. Think mate paid 19k for it new.

ha, my aerial did that, I lost 2 from it - you just need to angle to up (even though it looks better lower).

--

Cheers

Rich

My previous gen Nav had an old-skool electric aerial in the front wing. 8)

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

240PP said...

Hilux, they are excellent.

3.0d auto drinks a bit but they're nice and rugged and can be specced up with decent options. They do a manual too.

Chap at work has this exact spec. I've driven it on the odd occasion and can confirm its a good'un.

--

Cockwallet

Navarra , but what out for hte engine gremlins ..

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Lots of food for thought then, might take a spin round some garages this weekend.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

_Mick_N said...

VW Amarok gets my vote.

Mate of mine has one. The 1st one got bought back by VW because it was such a peice of crap. He's happy with his 2nd one, though.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular