Forums > General > Obscured Screen

OBSCURED SCREEN
Previous | 12 | Next

Where's the thread about people who don't clear their screen properly before driving ?

:shock:

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Sundayjumper said...

Where's the thread about people who don't clear their screen properly before driving ?

HERE! IT'S HERE! 8)

Early in my career I saw someone rush out to their car at the end of the day and clear a similarly sized slot on the rear screen so they could beat the rest of the traffic out of the car park.

They promptly reversed out straight into a skip.

I snortled. :lol:

Darwin award candidate right there!

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

:lol:

but also :shock: at how true this is.

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Saw the slot on clearing your screen on the tv last night, it appears that a defroster is the worst, a good old scraper the best

saw someone in an audi a4 driving down the road with so much snow on the roof it looked like it had been lowered. basically the idiot hadnt driven their car for a week and was like scrape the windows job done. :lol:

Was following a traffic car today. Mini comes around a right hand corner the other way, spills loads of snow in front of the cop car.

I was shocked when the cop car put it's blues and twos on and turned in the road to follow them.

Had ignored the half a dozen cars beforehand with only one headlight on, mind...

Anyone else intentionally not clear their number plates?
Or is it just me :oops:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

As with most things you say it is just you.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Mito Man said...

Just you seeing as we're not all hardened criminals/retards.

Alan said...

Saw the slot on clearing your screen on the tv last night, it appears that a defroster is the worst, a good old scraper the best

Do you mean de-icer is worst? Got to agree; if I scrape the screen clear then it seems to remain clear, whereas de-icer makes the inside and outside freeze; presumably something to do with the latent heat of evaporation.

I always thought de-icer was for wimmin. :D

Luke warm water, then wipers on full chat for a few minutes to dry the screen.

Never EVER fails, even down to -10

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

In regard to the original picture - the "SN" prefix denotes the East side of Scotland. Probably Nef, Al, Daddydadbo or one of the other idiots that lives over that way ;)

mik said...

In regard to the original picture - the "SN" prefix denotes the East side of Scotland. Probably Nef, Al, Daddydadbo or one of the other idiots that lives over that way ;)

:D

I have two kids and a part time job. I aint got no money for an Audi!

Also, I always sweep the car as the cops round here hand out fines and points.

I see folk driving up my road with a wee pillar box view and it fvcks me right off as there is a school round the corner and most of the cars are residents with kids. Bunch of Bankers! :twisted:

On balance of probablities I'm going to assume it was Al then. The idiot * . :roll:

* stated exactly like Ferrell at 1min40

Beany said...

Was following a traffic car today. Mini comes around a right hand corner the other way, spills loads of snow in front of the cop car.

I was shocked when the cop car put it's blues and twos on and turned in the road to follow them.

Had ignored the half a dozen cars beforehand with only one headlight on, mind...

I usually just find a grippy bit of road and brake hard then use the wipers. :lol:

What's the law about clearing snow off the roof? I guess it blowing off at speed onto the windscreen of a following car is a potential hazard, but only if they were tailgating you, which is illegal in itself.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Beany said...

I usually just find a grippy bit of road and brake hard then use the wipers. :lol:

What's the law about clearing snow off the roof? I guess it blowing off at speed onto the windscreen of a following car is a potential hazard, but only if they were tailgating you, which is illegal in itself.

£60 and some points in Scotland. It is covered under traffic regulations but not sure exactly what.

Daddydadbo said...

David_Yu said...

Beany said...

£60 and some points in Scotland. It is covered under traffic regulations but not sure exactly what.

Link please?

I understood it was because if you ave to break moderately hard it'll end up on your windscreen, which is obviously a danger.

Or that it could well come wanging off and hit another pedestrian/cyclist/other road user.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular