Forums > General > Winter / Station Hack

WINTER / STATION HACK
Previous | 12 | Next

You can forgot your ZR Atomic's, today I drove a Suzuki Jimny as part of a 3 day ride and drive to assess benchmark cars for a small car I'm working on for the Indian market. In an old school way I found it quite appealing :lol:

Was an auto, was slower than a slow thing and didn't even drive that well. Why then out of all the supermini cars I drove, it would be the keys I'd choose ? not sure cannot put my finger on it but I liked the retro looks and the fact it would probably be better off road than a Freelander.

I've often pointed and laughed at things like the similar sized Terios and when I've driven one it's confirmed my feelings they are terrible as road cars, laughable really they are that bad, but the little Suzuki had me convinced, I enjoyed driving it :oops:, even more so than the Panda 4X4

Doesn't someone on here own one ?

Updated January 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

This feels like the setup to the most awesome Micking ever! :lol:

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Probably better than a Freelander? Try lots! There is a ton of stuff you can do to them to turn the Jimny into quite a capable off roader. As basic car in India I'd imagine the older Samurai would be a cheaper and more "fix it by the road with a bit of bailing twine" type of car.

Orange Cola said...

Probably better than a Freelander? Try lots! There is a ton of stuff you can do to them to turn the Jimny into quite a capable off roader. As basic car in India I'd imagine the older Samurai would be a cheaper and more "fix it by the road with a bit of bailing twine" type of car.

Like selling it?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Job Done 8)

_Mick_N said...

Job Done 8)

Looks quite useful. If I had some space on the drive could be useful for lugging stuff about, work, etc.

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

Jimmy Choo said...

Orange Cola said...

Like selling it?

Orange Cola said...

Jimmy Choo said...

Orange Cola said...

Like selling it?

I hope I'm not alone in thinking that is the gay ginger step child of modified off roaders non?

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

No actually, it's not :lol: There are a few about and they're not too badly rated.

It's just a girly bodied Suzuki SJ innit, so a fairly rugged & brilliantly capable off roader. There's a good reason why the AWD boys use these (along with chopped down Range Rovers) & win their respective events.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

NotoriousREV said...

This feels like the setup to the most awesome Micking ever! :lol:

I haven't bought one yet :lol:

Updated January 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My sister's boyfriend has just got into off roading so she was going to buy him a cheap Disco for his birthday because that's what his mates have. I put her onto finding either a SJ or a Daihatsu of some sort with a warning that if she bought a Landie they'd be in the poorhouse by the end of the year :lol:.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Brother currently has one of these as his winter/ station hack and likes it. With winter tyres performs well. 4Motion

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

Err come on :lol:

They might be good off road but there is something about them that the folks piss yellow Metro 1.0 had back in the day, that quality where I think I would rather walk than drive it. :?

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Remember that HSBC advert where every time something good happened, something bad happened to someone else to balance it out.

Well Micks doing a good job of it right now.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

I had a quick look at eBay - loads of them for sale, including a 2009 one high up the list. I had no idea they were sold until so recently... then I discovered that you can still buy them new! Bloody hell.

Have they updated the 1.3 motor in them? Last time I looked they were low 30's to the gallon, high tax and not a lot of poke compared to other 1.3's in the same category.

According to wiki it's the same motor. 83hp @ 6,000rpm and 81lb/ft at 4,100rpm. It weighs 1070kg's. a few places (what car etc) reckon its expensive to run for what it is, so sounds like the same motor.

Drop a proper diesel in it, lift the suspension and make it a proper off roader 8)

I hired one on Oz (Fraser Island) and had a great time off roading in it. I had no idea they were still available either.

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular