Forums > Moaning forum > Scam Warnings on Facebook

SCAM WARNINGS ON FACEBOOK
Previous | 1 | Next

It's beyond a joke now, the amount of dribbling spacktards that just blindly forward these things on is beyond belief. 2 seconds on Google tells you it's a hoax.

Carl.

Yep - this added to the amount of Sponsored Links means I'm gradually getting sick of it and I've always been an advocate

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

The pin no backwards one is mint.

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

"People copying your profile picture, setting up a new account and friend requesting all your friends" is another good one. :roll:

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Also always been an advocate for keeping with friends and its good for arranging things.
So far I have seen this week.
The ATM pin number one
Eggs thrown on the windscreen
Baby seat by the side of the road
Leaflet on the rear screen in a carpark

Not seen the copy of the profile picture one yet, but we still have a day left.

Catl

Dinny_G said...

"People copying your profile picture, setting up a new account and friend requesting all your friends" is another good one. :roll:

That actually does happen - a friend of mine had it done, with requests saying her old profile had been hacked and this was her new one. Followed by various posts about how she was shagging x, y and z.

Generally speaking though, that tends to have intent behind it, rather than just random spamming/hacking/etc, in the same way that bricks don't just end up coming through your window by chance.

Beany said...

in the same way that bricks don't just end up coming through your window by chance.

Yeah, can you stop that now please. I'm sure i've paid off all the interest too..... :cry:

mik said...

Beany said...

in the same way that bricks don't just end up coming through your window by chance.

Yeah, can you stop that now please. I'm sure i've paid off all the interest too..... :cry:

That's me and it's a sign of affection.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Say it with bricks. 8)

don't be friends with dribbling spacktards. it's fairly straight forward. defriend/block msgs/ignore posts, depending on the volume of dribble and the degree of spacktard.

I keep the spacktards for entertainment purposes. MrsREVs friend is my favourite. She uses Facebook like most people use Google, is obsessed with pædos yet is always putting up pics of her teenage daughter (no/yes) and going on about how gorgeous she is.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

@phut, already started doing this for certain people, but it never ceases to amaze me the people that I would credit with quite a high level of intelligence (having worked with them) who start doing this.
The indignation that come from these people when you post about stopping just forwarding on crap without checking it first is unbelievable.

@rev, the bulk of these things do seem to come from the wife's friends.

Carl.

NotoriousREV said...

I keep the spacktards for entertainment purposes. MrsREVs friend is my favourite. She uses Facebook like most people use Google, is obsessed with pædos yet is always putting up pics of her teenage daughter (no/yes) and going on about how gorgeous she is.

The most retarded one I saw was from a woman (no/probably) whose cat was ill so she requested all her Facebook friends send healing to avoid it having to have an operation. :roll:

Updated January 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Dr Carlos said...

The indignation that come from these people when you post about stopping just forwarding on crap without checking it first is unbelievable.

Carl.

"Try not being such a credulous numpty then.

Hey, I heard Unicorns are INVADING THE EARTH, it must be true because someone on facebook posted it!

<link to snopes debunking the post and explaining why it was inadvisable to share it>"

Suffice to say they didn't talk to me for a while, given that about forty of their friends had commented on the thing already...

KONY

Delphi said...

NotoriousREV said...

The most retarded one I saw was from a woman (no/probably) whose cat was ill so she requested all her Facebook friends send healing to avoid it having to have an operation. :roll:

There's one of those on my FB too :lol:

I'd prefer it if they just sent cash.

--

This ^

Seemingly intelligent 'tards I get. Have a perfectly reasonable non-preachy veggie friend (his partner is not a veggie), whose fb is like the official peta shite-feed.

I went on a massive facebook friend cull about 18 months ago.

I now continue to block/unfriend anyone who posts such nonsense.

A current favourite i've noticed is the "comment if you love eminem, like if you love justin bieber" things.

RichardMajor86 said...

A current favourite i've noticed is the "comment if you love eminem, like if you love justin bieber" things.

Are all your Facebook friends 13 year old girls?

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Some are 14.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular