Forums > General > Harry and the FF

HARRY AND THE FF
Previous | 123 | Next

great video

looks great in the video and great all rounder. He doesn't mention whether he made the right decision to cancel his order ?

Maybe we've just seen the replacement for the Zonda? :)

Year round supercar must appeal, and the QV is obvioulsy there to perform the "outrageous" role......

Great video indeed and a very interesting car. I'm still a bit unsure what I think of the FF. I always think a Ferrari GT should be the sort of car that you can take to the Alps for a weekends skiing, and in that respect the 4 wheel drive and the hatchback makes a lot of sense. At the same time I think it lacks a lot of the elegance that the 456, 575 and 612 (which had aged brilliantly IMO) and is a bit too crass for it's own good. I'm talking about the axe holes at the rear, and a 'pit limiter' for goodness sake! I guess those are the sort of things that people who actually have £300k to spend on one want though. I suppose for me, I like the concept of the car but not so much the execution.

I'd still take one if someone's feeling generous though:D

Maybe 'crass' it a bit harsh, but the rear is particularly ugly IMO, presumably resulting from Ferrari trying to make it look more exciting, and I don't think this sort of car has to look exciting. It should appear refined and understated and let the engine provide the excitement.

Didn't intend to write an essay about it!

Updated January 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

--

Entirely pointless

Is it really that much more practical than the Spagetti before it? With proper winter tyres any car can go up those snowy mountain roads, as for the field, well that's just stupid...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Glad to see it being used. I know of another that was driven last weekend from London to Wales just to find snowy driving, because it could.

--

My Glass is always half full

Undoubtedly a great car. I can't love the looks though and if I was only a bit rich I'd have to have a Conti GT and pocket a fvckload of change.

--

This ^

Markcoopers said...

Glad to see it being used. I know of another that was driven last weekend from London to Wales just to find snowy driving, because it could.

This. I love the idea of it being used properly and not locked away.

Think I'd prefer a Panamers Turbo S fully loaded and hold onto £130,000. If only I could....

Nice car, shame it's so hideous

--

Cheers,
Mike

Ok so they are a heck of a lot of money and there are cars out there that are cheaper brand new. But now factor into the equation an 18 month to 2 year old FF and then I think you have a big decision to make.
For me I think I'd still take a standard luxo barge like the s63 and have a 458 on the side

--

For sure

Just because it can do decent amount of mileage without spontaniously combusting doesn't mean that anyone will actually use one every day. The cost would just be daft - 4 seat front engine ferraris depreciate heavily enough without factoring in high miles.

--

Cheers

Rich

I agree, I suspect the depreciation will be savage, and then when they drop to say £120k-£140k there are so many other options.

Rich B said...

Just because it can do decent amount of mileage without spontaniously combusting doesn't mean that anyone will actually use one every day. The cost would just be daft - 4 seat front engine ferraris depreciate heavily enough without factoring in high miles.

Indeed. I suspect the FF is mostly going to be bought by footballers, or people from the middle east who bring them over to London and only drive them a few miles down narrow and sometimes crowded roads.

--

ShonkySpeedHoleSpeciale

Good video that - I might actually like the FF...which is odd as I only like the F40.

How many will actually see use like that however? I doubt many people will be taking them out on the farm like Harry!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Glad to see Ferrari finally seeing sense after pulling a stroppy one and telling that dealer to not let Harry have a test drive in one.

Great video, although it would be interesting to see exactly how cramped the rear passengers were.

Love the noise, don't mind the looks (much better looking that the 612 to me), but the engineer in me simply doesn't like the 2 speed but-never-the-right-one front gearbox solution.

I'm sure it works, but for example, the fact it cuts out at high speed is just DIW IMO.

Will make a nice daily runabout when it's £25k...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

the engineer in me simply doesn't like the 2 speed but-never-the-right-one front gearbox solution.

I'm sure it works, but for example, the fact it cuts out at high speed is just DIW IMO.

I don't think there is any particularly good solution for a 4WD with front engine and rear gearbox - the GT-R needs two transmission shafts which I struggle to find brilliant.
At least the Ferrari solution is creative - and being 2WD at high speeds is based on the belief that 4WD is only occasionnaly needed, and allows to limit the number of gears at the front.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

was that a lamborghini espada I saw in his garage?

Alan said...

great video

looks great in the video and great all rounder. He doesn't mention whether he made the right decision to cancel his order ?

This.

Harry did give a hint right at the end of the video, but he didn't say it outright. I agree with Mr Yu - will be awesome for cheaper.

Holley said...

It was - good registration plate too.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

Holley said...

It was - good registration plate too.

As much as a like the FF, I would rather a video on the Espada. Come on Harry, make it happen 8)

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular