Forums > General > Wetsuits???

WETSUITS???
Previous | 1 | Next

I have just entered the St Mary's Loch Olympic Length Triathlon. :shock:

It starts with an open water 1500m swim.

This means I will have to get a wetsuit but having had a wee look online there are millions of makes and models and specific triathlon ones like Orca are loadsa money.

Does anyone know what I need to look for? Tere seem to be plenty of cheapy ones at £30 or so, would they do OK?

Mystic are a good start as are o'neill, although I'm speaking from wakeboarding experience so different use entirely. Try places like Surfdome, they do good deals on wetsuits.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Tri/swim specific ones are very flexible in the arms whereas wake board/water ski/windsurf ones are much less so. I tried surfing in my old water ski suit a couple of years ago and it was crippling!

I think as with a lot of things, you do get what you pay for but unless you intend to use it a lot in the future, spending a fortune may not make sense.

Maybe go brave and look for used one complete with someome else's wee?

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

The big difference between a surfing type wetsuit and a triathon/swimming specific one will be articulation around the shoulders/arms. I have a 2XU which was reduced from about £240 and is great for swimming in, but a considerable investment if you are only looking at doing one race initially.

An alternative to buying a cheap generic wetsuit would be to hire one for the event and see how it goes, a quick google has thrown up here and here as places which offer such a service. Also ex-hire suits available for sale by the looks of it too if you did decide to stick at it.

Good luck with your event, and you'll also be surprised at how much faster and easier you swim in a wetuit :)

Cheers, Rich

--

_ said...

I only ever drink drive when I'm properly cunted.

I started off with a general watersport wetsuit but as said they're nowhere near as good as they don't let your arms move freely. Front crawl needs quite a bit of shoulder movement.

I picked up a proper tri one at one of the shows at discount and it's much better.

There are several places that do hire of them which is cheaper and many have the option to buy at the end. Lots sell off ex-hire stuff too.

Swim in your pants and grease yourself up in lard

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

Pervert.

turboferret said...

hire one for the event

Can't say better than that, unless you're willing to do these regularly.

Dinny_G said...

This is by far my favourite suggestion.

1. I am Scottish so cook everything in Lard so have it already

2. I am Scottish so hate spending money!

Most of the triathlons I will be doing this season will be indoor swims but I intend to do a couple of longer ones at least as I get better and fitter.

Maybe I will wait and ask family to get me a half decent one for my birthday. My Ironman cousin has offered to lend me her old one. Do girl ones have room for willys?

In Scotland, even in July, there won't need to be too much room sadly. :oops:

Daddydadbo said...

Do girl ones have room for willys?

:shock:

Now sit down daddydadbo and let me explain......

mik said...

Daddydadbo said...

?/? :D

Diesel Taxi said...

mik said...

Daddydadbo said...

?/? :D

eh?? Do you mean me??????????? :shock: The answer would be yes/and no chance! 8)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular