Forums > General > Kevin Ash

KEVIN ASH
Previous | 1 | Next

Yep :(

If you're not into bikes you might not have heard of him, if you are, you've probably read plenty of his reviews and articles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9820469/Telegraph-motorcycling-correspondent-Kevin-Ash-dies.html

Was in South Africa for the new BMW R1200GS launch.

Updated January 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Very sad. I bet motorbike journalists can't get life insurance - PB was decimated within a couple of years due to their staff being killed in bike accidents :(

Sad news - my thoughts are with his friends and family.

Jobbo said...

Very sad. I bet motorbike journalists can't get life insurance - PB was decimated within a couple of years due to their staff being killed in bike accidents :(

I hadn't pegged you as a motorcyclist as well - seems we're more alike than you'd like to admit ;).

I have every single PB from 1984 onwards and remember that sad period. The Kev's were awesome :).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

I like bikes but don't have a licence - always loved them as pieces of engineering. I didn't start buying PB until about 1991 but the writing was excellent. Stopped buying it not long after Ronnie's death :(

Not only Gus and Ronnies death but I remember reading it on the way home from work on the train home. And the looks I used to get from passengers cos I would just be sitting there laughing. Not only did they lose two very good riders but a lot of others (simon Hargreaves, trevor franklin) left and the quality of the writing went very down hill very quickly. still buy from time to time but its nowhere near the same

--

!tnuC

Very sad. RIP

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular