Forums > General > Corsa VXR

CORSA VXR
Previous | 12 | Next

Any good? Only asking as on a two year lease they are less than 5 grand which isnt bad imo.

A mate has got one, he loves it, but I'm not sure that's a good judge of whether it's any good or not!:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Impractical and small are the only things that put me off. 8)

My favorite spam chariot at the minute, great little cars IMO.

I quite like the look of them. If the Astra GTC I have at the moment is any indicator of current Vauxhall build quality, it should be a pretty nice place to sit but with some annoying and badly thought out design. No idea how it'll drive. My guess would be "numb" but grippy.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Modern Vauxhalls smell funny.

The seats are quite nice IIRC. He got an LSD fitted which seems to have improved it a lot from what he says.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Evo views here (including Harris video).

Far from the best car in its class, but good for a bit of old-school fun. Engine related to Mini Cooper S, DS3 etc so it's nice and punchy.

Thanks for the comments, will have a read of the link too. 8)

NotoriousREV said...

I quite like the look of them. If the Astra GTC I have at the moment is any indicator of current Vauxhall build quality, it should be a pretty nice place to sit but with some annoying and badly thought out design. No idea how it'll drive. My guess would be "numb" but grippy.

Have they finally find out that their seat designer was a sadist and sack him?

Harris reckons is chavvy then :lol:

For the cost leased tho I dont really care. 12 to 16 weeks delivery time being quoted.

Stephen Dobie said...

Engine related to Mini Cooper S, DS3 etc so it's nice and punchy.

Are you sure? The 2007 group test (Clicky) says it has the same capacity as the Cooper S engine but different bore/stroke and even iron blocked, not aluminium.

Are you planning on re-living your teenage years with mick then?

More fun than a derv barge for sure.

For about 2mins once a month

maybe

Not sure I'd like it all that much but its only for 2 years not life ;)

Will the hound be comfortable :D

There was one at the last track day I did at Cadwell. It was going really well, right up to the point he buried it in the tyre wall.

SimonB said...

Not sure I'd like it all that much but its only for 2 years not life ;)

After a 5 series I think two years in a Corsa would seem like a lifetime.

Think the seats would be down to convert it into a dog wagon - Id keep the 5 series as a car this size as only car is too small.

Might go and poke around one....

cool cars imo. need to see more on the roads. dont know about you but ive maybe seen 2

Updated January 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM

--

Pain don't hurt

I'll have a chat to my cousin as he has had one for about 18 months, last time I spoke to him he seemed pretty happy with it about 12 months ago. Wouldn't be my choice though, Clio 200 cup is far more exciting and desirable as is the Cooper S JCW, although the latter is rather pricey.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

djchocice said...

I'll have a chat to my cousin as he has had one for about 18 months, last time I spoke to him he seemed pretty happy with it about 12 months ago. Wouldn't be my choice though, Clio 200 cup is far more exciting and desirable as is the Cooper S JCW, although the latter is rather pricey.

out of all of the comparison tests ive seen the clio always seems to be the winner between that and the corsa. something about the corsa's styling appeals to me. must be my inner chava :lol:

--

Pain don't hurt

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular