Forums > General > Acceptable 4x4s for snowpocalypse

ACCEPTABLE 4X4S FOR SNOWPOCALYPSE
Previous | 12 | Next

Spotted three yesterday that I would accept for winter driving:

R8 in silver
FF in black
997 Turbo in black.

The rest of the Chelsea tractor set can stay home.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

I keep thinking a late model Terios would meet my needs (mountain carparks, dog walking, winter commutes)

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Take it you live in a city? Any of those three would be snow ploughing round here with their ground clearance.

Also, just to be pedantic, when did 4WD sports cars become 4x4s? That term used to be reserved for actual off roaders shirley?

Daddydadbo said...

Take it you live in a city? Any of those three would be snow ploughing round here with their ground clearance.

Also, just to be pedantic, when did 4WD sports cars become 4x4s? That term used to be reserved for actual off roaders shirley?

London - and there was sarcasm somewhere in there...

--

DeskJockey
---

I keep thinking a late model Terios would meet my needs (mountain carparks, dog walking, winter commutes)

Just don't go round a bend in one, It's easily the worst handling car I have ever driven, it also took a lifetime to get to 60mph.

What did you think of the FF Alex? I saw a silver one and the one thing that stuck out for me was that it looked bloody massive!

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Subaru Impreza?

Mitsubishi Evo?

Panda 4x4 ? :D

Much as I didn't like the Impreza Wagon I had, if I get rid of the Touring for something less practical I could see me buying one (or a Forester) for winter and for dog transportation.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

duncs500 said...

What did you think of the FF Alex? I saw a silver one and the one thing that stuck out for me was that it looked bloody massive!

there is one near me, and it is surprisingly huge

DeskJockey said...

R8 in silver
FF in black
997 Turbo in black.

I can confirm that the R8 is terrible in the snow !

Bowler EXR S

Useable all year round.

Space for dogs and shopping.

Sorted.

--

Bunta's Tofu

A colleague has a 993 Carrera 4 on winters.....jealous!

--

Cheers,
Mike

Alan said...

DeskJockey said...

R8 in silver
FF in black
997 Turbo in black.

I can confirm that the R8 is terrible in the snow !

You must be DIW Alan, get some winter tyres on it and do this.

--

Entirely pointless

_Mick_N said...

Just don't go round a bend in one, It's easily the worst handling car I have ever driven, it also took a lifetime to get to 60mph.

Ever driven a Seat Arosa or y2k Corolla? Both of those were so bad it scared me.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

duncs500 said...

Not a fan - it is too big and oddly proportioned. It does however make a lovely sound.

EDIT: and the DRLs look distinctly cheap and aftermarket.

Updated January 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

--

DeskJockey
---

I think I have decided my next car will be a Forrester STI, assuming my job doesn't change.

Carl.

Audi RS6 V10.

Not 4x4 but it'll do.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Dr Carlos said...

I think I have decided my next car will be a Forrester STI, assuming my job doesn't change.

Carl.

Overpriced for what they are

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular