Forums > Geeks corner > Fedora 17 -> 18

FEDORA 17 -> 18
Previous | 1 | Next

Do yourselves a favour, to a clean install and not an in-place upgrade. None of the methods described work properly. Luckily I'm working on VMs so can revert to snapshots.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Grrr, fecking Gnome.

--

Wibble woof oblong parp cushion. Compede?

Arrrghhhhh!

So now I can run the machine up in runlevel 3, then manually start GDM (which didn't work previously) but I can't run straight into GDM.

*&^*%*$*$**$*$*$**!!!!!

--

Fascinating.

Get a minion in to do that sort of sh1t.

Is he called Rev I think his motivation might be down?

Cheers

Steve

Offer him gardening leave?

Bleeding edge OS in slightly unstable non-shocker.

Ubuntu is not dissimilar in that respect, but Debian/Synaptic seems to handle dependencies better.

Bro went from Umbongo 10.04LTS to 12.04 LTS (actually an update four versions apart) with no problems...without my input either. Just hit 'upgrade' and left it run while he browsed the web. Really rather impressive.

Beany said...

Bleeding edge OS in slightly unstable non-shocker.

Ubuntu is not dissimilar in that respect, but Debian/Synaptic seems to handle dependencies better.

Bro went from Umbongo 10.04LTS to 12.04 LTS (actually an update four versions apart) with no problems...without my input either. Just hit 'upgrade' and left it run while he browsed the web. Really rather impressive.

It's not bleeding edge it's supposedly the stable release. GDM just core dumps constantly. Gone back 17 for now.

--

Oh, it's the stable release of Fedora - but Fedora itself is a 'constantly using the latest packages' release - so it's bleeding edge in that respect.

Any specific reason for using it overt RHEL/Debian/something more stable?

Research, dear boy, research.

--

I hate research.

It's like work, without the result that you get at the end of doing work.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular