Forums > Moaning forum > Snow causing travel disruptions

SNOW CAUSING TRAVEL DISRUPTIONS
Previous | 1 | Next

Flights cancelled but not surprised. BA is in meltdown as I've tried calling (too many time now) to reschedule but still no answer.

Hate sitting around wasting time and can't really do much, argh!

Snow, just go away!

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

Best not to worry about it too much if you can't do anything about it. HTH.

JL said...

I was going to have a moan about this very thing yesterday, but decided against it. Not directed at you Alex, but why the fvck to people get so wound up by things that are completely outside of their control?

It makes no logical sense, an is in fact a complete waste of energy.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

To be honest Dunc, I'm not too wound up about it as I was prepared. I just hate waiting and not being able to do stuff just in case things change again.

--

No doubt, I was just piggybacking my moan to your thread.

This was more teh missus getting stressed about what we were going to do about the boiler as we couldn't call anyone. To which I suggested wrapping up in warm clothes was probably a good start.:)

TBF she's not very good at mornings anyway, she was fine later on.

Updated January 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

JL said...

I was going to have a moan about this very thing yesterday, but decided against it. Not directed at you Alex, but why the fvck to people get so wound up by things that are completely outside of their control?

It makes no logical sense, an is in fact a complete waste of energy.

I had the displeasure of flicking through the Mirror yesterday and I think I found the cause. The pape... Toilet roll was talking about the 'BA Bosses' being the responsible ones for ruining 'your' holiday and this 'disgrace' was down to them causing the poor conditions and refusing you the flight that day. Nothing to do with there being snow on the run way, caused by weather which is out of everyone's control.

These rag papers really are in control of the idiots and they're somehow making them more stupid.

I got into work today to find 80% of my team were "working from home" because of the weather. I made 70 miles across the country with no problems.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Didn't they ring you to check it was o.k? : :D

Orange Cola said...

I had the displeasure of flicking through the Mirror yesterday and I think I found the cause. The pape... Toilet roll was talking about the 'BA Bosses' being the responsible ones for ruining 'your' holiday and this 'disgrace' was down to them causing the poor conditions and refusing you the flight that day. Nothing to do with there being snow on the run way, caused by weather which is out of everyone's control.

These rag papers really are in control of the idiots and they're somehow making them more stupid.

All true, yet BA appear to have cancelled way more flights than anyone else (and not just because they run more than anyone else).

--

NotoriousREV said...

I got into work today to find 80% of my team were "working from home" because of the weather. I made 70 miles across the country with no problems.

Yep, we all made it in for 7am including people coming from Birmingham, Lincoln etc.

The civil servants whose site we work on live locally and a lot couldn't manage it.:roll:

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Apparently BA are cancelling flights to cater for the backlog :?.

Anyway, reschedule to fly to JFK now with a few hours delay. Fingers crossed no more cancellation.

--

RJW said...

Didn't they ring you to check it was o.k? : :D

Nope but they all have VPN access and are demonstrably getting on with stuff. Plus I'm randomly asking them to do stuff so I know they're not just watching Bargain Hunt.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular