Forums > General > My first experience of driving in proper snow on the motorway

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE OF DRIVING IN PROPER SNOW ON THE MOTORWAY
Previous | 12 | Next

Just some observations, People are all doing about 40 in the first 2 lanes, totally unnecessary when there's no snow at all on them.

This means any overtaking must be done on the right hand lane which is covered in snow and = much too much exercise for my sphincter. Luckily the winter tyres manage.

People are so stupid that their turning on their hazards as an excuse to drive slowly when it's perfectly safe to do 70. They flash you if you overtake them at more than 50.

Polish lorry drivers keep trying to drift into your lane to kill you. Cvnts. Been on the rumble strip a few times too many tonight.

Not enough gritters, and they do a useless job of ploughing the snow as they take the cats eyes off aswell!

If you drive a BMW 3 series in the snow you will die. I saw one upside down and another in the central reserve barrier facing the wrong way round.

Overall it was good fun but quite exhausting after a 160 mile round trip, I reckon the winter tyres saved me when a lorry driver drifted into my lane forcing me towards the central reserve barrier which had about 6 inches of snow. I thought I would spin round but braked hard and it was stable. Phew.

Updated January 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

Just some observations, People are all[ doing about 40 in the first 2 lanes, totally unnecessary when there's no snow at all on them.

This means any overtaking must be done on the right hand lane which is covered in snow and = much too much exercise for my sphincter. Luckily the winter tyres manage.

People are so stupid that their turning on their hazards as an excuse to drive slowly when it's perfectly safe to do 70. They flash you if you overtake them at more than 50.

Polish lorry drivers keep trying to drift into your lane to kill you. Cvnts. Been on the rumble strip a few times too many tonight.

Not enough gritters, and they do a useless job of ploughing the snow as they take the cats eyes off aswell!

If you drive a BMW 3 series in the snow you will die. I saw one upside down and another in the central reserve barrier facing the wrong way round.

Overall it was good fun but quite exhausting after a 160 mile round trip, I reckon the winter tyres saved me when a lorry driver drifted into my lane forcing me towards the central reserve barrier which had about 6 inches of snow. I thought I would spin round but braked hard and it was stable. Phew.

Add those two statements together and see what answer you get?

Updated January 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM

--

Strong Broo Racing

As I said, it was over 160 miles, there was no snow in some parts of the journey like the M25 apart from the surrounding hills, then in Kent there was a sh1t tonne of snow.

--

One thing that really gets on my pip is this snobbish attitude of superiority about other people driving too slowly in the snow. You'd rather everyone drove faster on the motorway than they felt comfortable at, then, so that you can get somewhere a few minutes quicker? Sounds slightly *more* stupid to me than driving slowly. You have winter tyres so of course they can't manage what you can. I've got winters on at the moment and they are immense, but I've also driven on summers in poor weather and it can be as scary as fook, conditions change very quickly at that speed. Sorry but you're making yourself sound like a tit to me through lack of experience and consideration.

Updated January 21, 2013 at 2:08 AM

FRS100 said...

Sorry but you're making yourself sound like a tit to me through lack of experience and consideration.

If you waste any more of your time reading his stupid immature little posts, this is an opinion with which you will become all too familiar.

The arrogance and indestructibilty of youth added to the stupidity of Mito Boy.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Mito child is 99.9% incorrect.

But, why do people flash others who overtake (doing nothing wrong and driving within the limits IMO) in these conditions?

One thing I can't work out is why so many people haven't bothered to clear snow from their rear window. Sure, you can drive without rear visibility, but surely if it's available to you, you should take it?:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

One thing I can't work out is why so many people haven't bothered to clear snow from their rear window. Sure, you can drive without rear visibility, but surely if it's available to you, you should take it?:?

Exactly. How hard is it to press a button if you can't be bothered to do it with a scrapper?

They active avoid it since they manage to find the button for their front and rear fogs.

--

duncs500 said...

So the minute they need to reverse, they can't :roll:

--

Speed holes.

Perhaps they have pushed the button but it hasn't taken effect yet? The DIW is literally nuclear with you lot right now :lol:

JL said...

Perhaps they have pushed the button but it hasn't taken effect yet? The DIW is literally nuclear with you lot right now :lol:

I don't know about the cars you've owned J, but every single one of mine has activated the rear wiper IMMEDIATELY the button/stalk has been pushed. :D

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

JL said...

:lol: This is on the motorway, unless the live on the motorway then they should have cleared it pretty quickly, even my crappy i10 can do it within minutes. Anyhow, one sweep of the wiper has cleared it pretty well in general.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Delphi said...

JL said...

I don't know about the cars you've owned J, but every single one of mine has activated the rear wiper IMMEDIATELY the button/stalk has been pushed. :D

And this works then the snow has frozen to the screen? Chill out everyone (get it?) - we know you're better :lol:

I was talking about this with a guy at work last week, seems like the problem is particularly prevalent with women. He took his son to school last week, mums were turning up with a tiny viewing hole in the front windscreen, and that was it, and one of them even slid and crashed up the kurb next to him.:shock:

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

JL said...

Chill out everyone (get it?) - we know you're better :lol:

Snow in our vaginas?

--

Speed holes.

duncs500 said...

I was talking about this with a guy at work last week, seems like the problem is particularly prevalent with women. He took his son to school last week, mums were turning up with a tiny viewing hole in the front windscreen, and that was it, and one of them even slid and crashed up the kurb next to him.:shock:

but they'll get cold hands!

Women don't think "practical" I grab a bit of cardboard/a newspaper as I leave the house if my car is covered in snow, they don't think that far ahead so try to use a tiny scraper/credit card to clear it.

--

Cheers

Rich

I have been hearing how its completely impossible to drive a Mini in winter, after my sister-in-law (y/y/high maintenance) nearly totalled a petrol station by underestimating stopping distance from 70+mph.
Everyone is DIW, and I'm sticking to Shanks' pony for my own safety.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

the snow is a real pain,:x

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular