Forums > General > Skiing is not a sport...

SKIING IS NOT A SPORT...
Previous | 1 | Next

I believe it was Mick that spouted that little gem....

Just watching Ski Sunday and the 100mph barrier has been broken on the Wengen downhill :shock:. There aren't many sports that require that much skill, bravery and fitness and even less that offer a more impressive spectacle.

--

Cheers,
Mike

agreed

100mph on a couple of lengths of metal takes balls.

I'm oot.

Updated January 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM

--

BMW Car Magazine

100mph :shock: The leg strength required to cope at those speeds must be immense.
It must also be scarily fast. I probably hit 15mph yesterday which was scary enough in a child's toboggan.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

This might be bollox but I think at that speed the skis don't event touch the snow due to that air flow below the ski?

Happy to be corrected on that as I know fvck all about skiing!

Updated January 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

--

Strong Broo Racing

scotta said...

This might be bollox but I think That at that speed the skis don't event touch the snow due to that air below the ski?

doesn't look like they're touching the snow in the photograph

Alan said...

scotta said...

This might be bollox but I think That at that speed the skis don't event touch the snow due to that air below the ski?

doesn't look like they're touching the snow in the photograph

Very true! I might be correct then!

--

Strong Broo Racing

Awesome event this week. What a course - mental altogether

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

8)

Must be absolutely nuts going at silly speeds on a set of planks, I can remember doing a black run in Austria, reputedly one of the toughest runs in the Alps. I'm not afraid of going quickly but when I got to the end of the run I was shaking, part adrenaline and awesomes, the rest was pure un-diluted "I think I've just shit myself" fear.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

I'm sure we used to hit those sort of speeds on carrier bags.

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

I watched Africa :(

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Marv said...

I watched Africa :(

What, all of it? :)

--

BMW Car Magazine

Including this bit?

100mph is mental! I've done 50mph on a snowboard and that was pretty hairy so double that with corners thrown in is mind boggling.

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

Beany said...

Including this bit?

Such awful grammar.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular