Forums > Moaning forum > Land Rover Fanboyism

LAND ROVER FANBOYISM
Previous | 12 | Next

Why do LR fans go to the Nth degree to have the last say about their 4x4? It gets ridiculous, they spout such balls as though it were fact and will argue the point until they're blue in the face.

The worst ones also refuse to believe anything is remotely comparable to a LR, let alone equal to or better than one. The wood work seems to be over flowing with them at the moment.

I am slowly becoming convinced that they're trying to alter the mindset of everyone they meet to cover up their expensive unreliable purchase that rots to bits and is about mid range off road in standard trim.

Combine all the above points with the inane ability to ram it down everyone's throats and they're a hateful breed of person.

Apologies to the forum folk who own one, you all seem to be about 10% of the LR population that isn't a total 'tard sucked into the whole thing :D

I assumed (probably from watching Top Gear) that all British loved them... Guess not. I like the Defender but I'd have a Land Cruiser everytime.. Probably because my dad had one of these when I was a kid 8)

Fanboys in blinkered view shocker

don't forget Harry M said that if we all owned one the country wouldn't be in the mess it is in at the moment.

Slightly different argument though !

OC - do you know my neighbour ? :) in addition to being a massive LR fanboi he's also a Yorkshireman and they do like to make their views known. He loves this kind of weather, he goes out in his Defender and rescues people, mainly so that he can come back and bang on about idiots in BMWs who aren't prepared for snow. But those people have a car that is comfortable and nice to drive for the other 362 days of the year. Makes you wonder who's really prepared for UK weather...

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this

Reminds me of our neighbour, he was a massive Jaguar, Landrover fan too and whenever he saw my dad he would argue for an hour as to why he bought BMW's over the "British" alternatives.
He was a fvcking looney, and it was great seeing his reaction whenever we mentioned that his X-Type is a Ford Mondeo (he didn't know this!).
Edit - he was also from Yorkshire.

Updated January 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

The best 4x4 by far :D Click

Yes, I know it's all to do with the tyres ;)

A 4x4 without proper differential locking is just an SUV - shame on LR to have produced and produce such things.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Mito Man said...

Reminds me of our neighbour, he was a massive Jaguar, Landrover fan too and whenever he saw my dad he would argue for an hour as to why he bought BMW's over the "British" alternatives.
He was a fvcking looney, and it was great seeing his reaction whenever we mentioned that his X-Type is a Ford Mondeo (he didn't know this!).
Edit - he was also from Yorkshire.

Why do you mention your Dad in every post ? :roll:

My mate with the classic Range Rover LSE was really looking forward to the snow. Sadly the brakes broke last week and it's still stuck at the garage awaiting repair. Seems pretty typical :lol:

I'm a total Land Rover fanboy and would love another old Landie or maybe an old Range Rover. The amount of times I've had to be pulled out of somewhere by a Fourtrak or Hilux because something broke in my old Series 3 taught me some humility though :lol:.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I must admit an old series 3 does quite appeal to me as a toy.

The Aussies have it right - if you want to go offroading, buy a Land Rover. However if you also want to get home afterwards, buy a Land Cruiser.

I do like LR's and in particular the series variations but for the reasons JL gives I'd only ever see them as a toy. Without spending some serious coin on one it would never be both reliable and as capable as some of the Jap alternatives.

I'm forever being stopped by Defender owner when I'm in the Terios. They tell me that I'll never make it ho the snow filled hill because he can't in his LAN' ROVA DEFENNER and I promptly feck off through the snow and make it out the other side. Then continue on in better comfort and at greater speed on the clearer roads.

I've heard lots of myths too, a LR chassis is better because it uses thicker plating and therefore can take more torsional loading than X Y Z car. On paper the two chassis' are rated to 5.5T (but everyone knows that LR would need a bigger brake set to achieve this) and flex in a ladder chassis on a 4x4 is actually a good thing and why ladder chassis' are used. The LR doesn't necessarily have a stronger chassis through thicker plate, a well placed small tube could arguably do the same job or better and be half the mass. LR fans also refuse believe that mass is a big factor when off the road - something all the LR of late seem to suffer one.

I think for most LR owners a Disco 3/4 on good tyres would be all they'd ever need, plus they could have the comfort and refinement of a BMW/Audi/Merc. Tooling about in a defender all day as a main on road only car would be akin to a living hell.

Orange Cola said...

I'm forever being stopped by Defender owner when I'm in the Terios. They tell me that I'll never make it ho the snow filled hill because he can't in his LAN' ROVA DEFENNER and I promptly feck off through the snow and make it out the other side.

Bruce :lol:

Terios FFS :lol:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/our-cars/i’ve-bought-terios

Because a 160,000 mile car breaking a drive shaft while going round a specially designed off road course is proof it wouldn't manage a snowy hill :roll:

--

I often drive for a road travel

Saw that before I bought it, Mik. Ragging around in a 160k light off roader is bound to break it.

Driving a BMW in Yorkshire/North west/Midlands was asking for trouble when it snowed, so I bought something cheap and cheerful then stuck a good set of tyres on it. Not got it stuck in nearly two years of floods, snow and green laning.

Didn't know you still had the Terios. You seem to have a veehickle for every occasion...

Forever being stopped by defender owners ? Come on, do you expect us to believe that ? :D

Updated January 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular