Forums > Moaning forum > Tescos car park

TESCOS CAR PARK
Previous | 1 | Next

Don't hate it when it snows, I love it. Lots of silly power slides and got a bit close to a trolley shelter. Security turned up after I'd parked up out the way in the corner :oops::lol:

It's the only way to learn :)
The local ASDA was the place for us, it used to be a nice large open space so in weather like this you could practice driving in poop weather without hitting anything. It's long since had flower beds and speed ramps put in though :roll:
Excellent education, everyone should do it.

--

Moon on a stick.

Work colleague was having fun in a carpark with his 4Motion Golf the other night, and ended up blowing his turbo for his sins :?

This was the first snow since I passed my test, got up early this morning and went to a supermarket carpark for a bit of fun. I had no idea my Mum's rubbish wee Civic could be so fun! Usually pulling the handbrake in this car just makes you slow down a bit, but I felt like Russ Swift this morning! :D

Later on after most of the snow in the city had melted I headed up into the hills to pretend I was on the Monte Carlo Rally... Don't think I'll be in a rush to try hand braking round a blind corner in the snow again! This was great fun, but could have ended badly!

--

Entirely pointless

I'm going to take the E28 out tonight for a play 8)

--

I often drive for a road travel

B&Q car park for me in Wandsworth, just have to avoid hitting the stray trollies :shock:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

ukpete said...

This was the first snow since I passed my test, got up early this morning and went to a supermarket carpark for a bit of fun. I had no idea my Mum's rubbish wee Civic could be so fun! Usually pulling the handbrake in this car just makes you slow down a bit, but I felt like Russ Swift this morning! :D

Later on after most of the snow in the city had melted I headed up into the hills to pretend I was on the Monte Carlo Rally... Don't think I'll be in a rush to try hand braking round a blind corner in the snow again! This was great fun, but could have ended badly!

Lucky boy, Pete!

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

ukpete said...

Lucky boy, Pete!

very lucky :shock:

It may be luck but he has learned something :) Keep it up, I managed to play around on the Yorkshire Moors and learn a fair bit there where there was nothing to hit and no one around. It was a good idea as I picked up a few skills that saved my bacon a few times. You also learn where he limits are and how to provoke them meaning you can avoid those situations in future.

Just don't bend it while trying a few things out ;)

ukpete said...

A bit daft, IMHO. You had no idea what was beyond the bend...seems more an act of blind faith than anything else. Sorry to sound all Damon Hill about it but stuff like this is not to be encouraged :?

--

BMW Car Magazine

ShockDiamonds said...

ukpete said...

A bit daft, IMHO. You had no idea what was beyond the bend...seems more an act of blind faith than anything else. Sorry to sound all Damon Hill about it but stuff like this is not to be encouraged :?

No, you're right.

It's a short C shaped road which links onto one main road at both ends, it doesn't lead to anywhere apart from a coupe of houses and fields, and so there's rarely other cars about. I know that's no excuse, I couldn't see round the bend and even though I was probably doing no more than 20mph, I'd have struggled to stop or avoid the oncoming car if I'd got there a couple of seconds sooner. I got lucky, but now know to stick to carparks for handbrake fun.

--

Entirely pointless

which road was it, you are in NI aren't you ?

Alan said...

Yep, it was on the old Belmont Road, off the Ballymiscaw road, where the Craigantlet hillclimb takes place.

--

Entirely pointless

ukpete said...

Alan said...

Yep, it was on the old Belmont Road, off the Ballymiscaw road, where the Craigantlet hillclimb takes place.

I know it well !!

Biggest concern for me (other than the blind nature of the corner) is that had you overcooked it on the handbrake you could have hit that bank, flipped and then got hit by that car.

I'm not always Mr Cautious and you got away with it and displayed pretty decent skid pan skills.

</old fart lecture>

--

Out of step with the forum.

My gf had a driving lesson today, she went to a car park and learnt handbrake turns! Sounds like a great teacher though, they spent a decent time "skid pan" driving whilst the opportunity was there.

--

Cheers

Rich

All about them skid pan skills, makes the b1tches wet.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

erm, are you now (in)famous?

--

JonMad said...

I hope not. :lol:

--

Entirely pointless

ukpete said...

JonMad said...

I hope not. :lol:

Type R? Did he not see the non Type R gear stick? Fool!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular