Forums > Moaning forum > Unfounded Work Based Guilt

UNFOUNDED WORK BASED GUILT
Previous | 1 | Next

Yesterday I was out of the office looking at another project, which mostly involved chatting to people and trying to work out ways to do things etc.

Things like that really don't feel like work to me, so I get this weird guilty feeling like I haven't achieved anything or done any work for a day. In actual fact I've probably done things that are more important than my daily grind.

Anyone else know what I mean?... An in-built feeling that work is not something you're supposed to enjoy, so when you do, you feel like you're doing it wrong.:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

MTFU

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Nope, you spend too much time at work for it to be something you don't enjoy.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

I know exactly what you mean - if you're not at your desk smacking away on the keyboard, it feels like you're skiving. Driving to and from sites, for example.

Oddly, as long as I'm typing something - like this - I don't feel guilty :lol:

If you don't enjoy work that's like a third of your life wasted. More like half since you need sleep too.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

JL said...

I know exactly what you mean - if you're not at your desk smacking away on the keyboard, it feels like you're skiving. Driving to and from sites, for example.

Yep, same.:)

MTFU is correct though Sammy, it's not major, just bothers me sometimes that I get home and in my subconscious I've not done anything, and I have to consciously remind myself that actually while enjoyable, the things I did still had significant value.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

I feel your pain :D

Bit of a lull at the minute at work so I'm invoicing a small fortune every week just to surf the internet :(

They cannot afford to loose people at the minute there is so much work around.

Mito Man said...

If you don't enjoy work that's like a third of your life wasted. More like half since you need sleep too.

please let us know how this is going in 10 years time mitoboy...

--

Cheers

Rich

duncs500 said...

JL said...

MTFU is correct though Sammy, it's not major, just bothers me sometimes that I get home and in my subconscious I've not done anything, and I have to consciously remind myself that actually while enjoyable, the things I did still had significant value.

Try my job I do nothing 99% or the time :) it's great

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

JL said...

I know, my mate does it. Living the dream.8)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Mito Man said...

If you enjoy your work then count yourself very lucky....

duncs500 said...

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

JL said...

Where are you based?

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

duncs500 said...

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

JL said...

Where are you based?

I work in a Shipyard in north west Cumbria (Industrial Fire Fighting) :)

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

duncs500 said...

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

JL said...

Where are you based?

The most awesume shipyard evar no less8)

Or massive recognition for sod all work 8)

Flewy said...

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

duncs500 said...

Sammyturbo said...

duncs500 said...

JL said...

Where are you based?

The most awesume shipyard evar no less8)

:)

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Ah, he's just a regular fire fighter in Manchester. So you're probably even less busy than him! At least you don't have to deal with scrotes setting cars on fire just so they can throw stones at the fire fighters.:roll:

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Yeah I always wanted to join a county brigade but they seemed to be laying off rather than taking on in Cumbria fire service which after all the horror stories you hear I now think is a bit of a blessing now :?

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular