Forums > General > Potentially ruinous purchase

POTENTIALLY RUINOUS PURCHASE
Prev | 123 | Next

That is potentially awesome.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

I know it's not the white convertible, but will be aiming for this?8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

The Testarossa is the only Ferrari that I've had real life experience with.

That real life experience was in a Black Testarossa, being driven (illegally) at high speed around Singapore.

Good memories 8)

--

Large format print & graphics

The question is... How does Bryn sit down with balls that big!

A slightly dodgy 80's Ferrari in kit form....nothing could go wrong!

--

Cheers,
Mike

Bryn_P said...

Personally I don't like the Koenig kit at all, I think it looks much better with the side strakes and black front splitter.

But if it had them I'd have to keep it so probably a good thing ;)

Cheers,
Bryn.

Seems the body kit is limited to the (awful IMHO) rear wing and the removal of the side strakes (and the addition of a small lip on the front spoiler); body colour painting of the front spoiler and side skirts is a common modification of the Testarossa (I suppose it's a kind of pathetic attempt to copy the 512 TR which had a single colour front bumper and body coloured, rather than black, side skirts).

Updated January 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

The Testarossa is the only Ferrari that I've had real life experience with.

That real life experience was in a Black Testarossa, being driven at high speed around Hertfordshire

It was ok, but age has not been kind.
[/quote]

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

pilouil said...

Bryn_P said...

Personally I don't like the Koenig kit at all, I think it looks much better with the side strakes and black front splitter.

But if it had them I'd have to keep it so probably a good thing ;)

Cheers,
Bryn.

Seems the body kit is limited to the (awful IMHO) rear wing and the removal of the side strakes (and the addition of a small lip on the front spoiler); body colour painting of the front spoiler and side skirts is a common modification of the Testarossa (I suppose it's a kind of pathetic attempt to copy the 512 TR which had a single colour front bumper and body coloured, rather than black, side skirts).

Yeah it's not a good look, but there's plenty of people paying a lot of money to make their cars look worse... Mansory anyone?

According to this site, that 'kit' cost 30000 euro (inc wheels) which I find hard to believe. Although I suppose it was the 80s and bankers had to spend their piles of cash somewhere :lol:

Cheers,
Bryn.

Updated January 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM

--

Performance Legends

As pilouil said - other that the rear spoiler and front splitter - it doesn't look like there are any Koenig bits on the car. The wheel arches look standard (the Koenig ones are slightly flared). The wheels are the original Testarossa ones before they went to 5 bolts. Rip the cr@p spolier off, get some new strakes, and a quick lick of paint, and you should have an original looking car I think the engine is the biggest concern!

you're a complete nutter, I love it :D

--

180deg V12 8)

--

Ben

Brilliant! 8) (and what ilmostro said)

Legend!

But WTF have they done to that Testarossa????

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Ascender said...

Legend!

But WTF have they done to that Testarossa????

It was the 80's...

I love the Testarossa !, good luck and look forward to seeing updates

Douglas Valley isn't a million miles from me, awesome place to browse through 8)

Nice purchase :D

Bryn earlier

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

If I wore a hat I'd tip it, even if no one saw :D

Mentioning getting a complete engine from Douglas Valley makes it sound like too clinically a thought out purchase, why not 'Koenig' the engine as it's in pieces anyway :lol: :shock:

--

Waiting to die.

nuttinnew said...

If I wore a hat I'd tip it, even if no one saw :D

Mentioning getting a complete engine from Douglas Valley makes it sound like too clinically a thought out purchase, why not 'Koenig' the engine as it's in pieces anyway :lol: :shock:

That had also occured to me ;)

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

Twin turbo 1000hp is the only way to justify the bodykit.

What did Tubbs say? "Absolutely essential for any type of serious police work"
Crockett: "Goddamn right"

The TV clip that really ignited my Ferrari/supercar passion: Miami Vice.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Gwan Bryn :lol: 8) :shock:

Somewhere I've got a magazine with a Koenig Testarossa in it with Herr Koenig saying he needed better fuel pumps because 800bhp wasn't enough :lol:
It might have been something like Top Cars and I think it may have a yellow car on the cover :? The yellow car may have been a Porsche mind, and I think the inside rear cover had a UK-built Renault GTA convertible in burgundy (details subject to memory fading after :cough: years).
Mentioning Koenig reminds me of a local spot, a V12 SEC; I have two crap pics that show...nothing :lol::oops:

I'll go and try and find the Koenig TR article..

--

Waiting to die.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular