Forums > General > Potentially ruinous purchase

POTENTIALLY RUINOUS PURCHASE
Previous | 123 | Next

1987 Testarossa with a Koenig kit (body only sadly). Down side is the engine is in bits 'to change the clutch' according to the previous owner. Now I'm no expert on Ferrari engines but I'm pretty sure you don't need to remove and strip the heads to do a clutch :shock:

However I have employed some evonomics to ensure that the purchase makes sense :lol:

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

<massive round of applause>

8)

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

As a man with three 355's in various states of repair I think your thread title is slightly misleading :D

--

Done.

Bryn is possibly the best person on here, maybe best person full stop :lol:

Pics?

What a champ 8).

--

I often drive for a road travel

8) Where is it coming from, somewhere like Singapore ?

Doing it awesome.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Japan - haven't got it yet, it's a tender process with result tomorrow.

Personally I don't like the Koenig kit at all, I think it looks much better with the side strakes and black front splitter.

But if it had them I'd have to keep it so probably a good thing ;)

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

I love the idea of Bryn not being put off by pictures of a Ferrari engine, in pieces, in a bucket.

He's thinking "It is just a complicated Fiesta.."

What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

8)
I suppose I does not have the engine in the car photos - the upped suspension makes it look like an all-terrain Testarossa :lol:
Besides, a Testarossa is not that expensive to run / maintain as it's pretty reliable and old fashioned; the main cost source is to need to remove the engine to change the cambelts, but I guess that's not an issue in your case...

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I wish I was as rich and mental as you Bryn, life must be great.8)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I'm sure the Koenig required wider rims to fill them arches too. Particularly at the rear.

Nice (mental) purchase though Bryn. 8)

N said...

I love the idea of Bryn not being put off by pictures of a Ferrari engine, in pieces, in a bucket.

He's thinking "It is just a complicated Fiesta.."

There's actually about 10 buckets of engine bits :lol:

But I figure the worst case scenario is buy a complete engine from Douglas Valley Brakers down the road and stick that in 8)

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

Brillant. You only live once, so why worry?8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Is it supposed to ride that high?:shock::lol:

8)8)8)8)8)

--

Entirely pointless

8)

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

duncs500 said...

I wish I was as rich and mental as you Bryn, life must be great.8)

It's a business, honest! But my 3 hour commute to my 'proper' job allows me to run it my way rather than purely for profit, which is much more fun :D

You only live once anyway!

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

Bryn_P said...

worst case scenario is buy a complete engine from Douglas Valley Brakers

Cheaper to buy a pristine car from Verdi !

Looking at the height of the engine cover (the square bit) it looks like a US spec car. Plus it's also LHD.

EDIT - lacks the US bumpers though...

Updated January 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

--

Waiting for the Technological Singularity.

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular