Forums > General > FAO of Mik

FAO OF MIK
Previous | 1 | Next

You famously rigged up a cheesegrater or dishwasher tray or something to widen the throttle pedal on your '''''8, didn't you? I'm guessing you've found a more permanent solution now - what is it? Just a.n.other pedal extension kit?

My JFDI New Year's Resolution means I'm finally tackling the 1m gap between the brake and throttle pedal on the ''''''''''5.

All was revealed in this thread here my good friend. :D

I wanted to fit a "std pedal extension" but when i went looking, they seemed far harder to find than I had anticipated. :?

It made such a difference (to me) in terms of the level of interaction when pressing on. H&T FTMFW. 8)

Thanks Mik - it all becomes clear now :lol:

They are surprisingly hard to find, I must admit - I thought it would simple enough to find a product to sort this out but like you, I think I'm going to have to resort to drilling and bodg..........erm, engineering :lol:

Hi jl.

BMW M products are the result of many years of research and development by the worlds finest engineers. The pedals are placed perfectly as dictated by an unparalleled level of driver / vehicle interaction and should need no alterations.

I suggest a leg or foot transplant instead.

Hth.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Hello inteRgrale_evo,

Thank you for clarifying this, and please accept my full apologies for DIW.

All the best,

jl

:lol:

If my right foot was an inch wider it would all be gravy, but it ain't.

But feet are different out there Harry. :idea:

Please make the pedal extension out of an ///M badge.

integrale_evo said...

Hi jl.

BMW M products are the result of many years of research and development by the worlds finest engineers. The pedals are placed perfectly as dictated by an unparalleled level of driver / vehicle interaction and should need no alterations.

I suggest a leg or foot transplant instead.

Hth.

Even the BMW Mini has the pedals positioned perfectly for H&T (the first gen, at least)

This is absolutely true, actually - my mate's Cooper S had perfectly-spaced pedals, H&Ting was natural from the first downshift.

I assume the e39 has the usual floor hinged accelerator?

If so just take your pick of aftermarket BMW pedal covers off eBay or similar, fit it over your pedal and offset the desired distance from the brake pedal, drill and bolt.

You'll probably only be able to use two mounting points instead of the four, but it'll still be plenty secure enough for an accelerator pedal!

Pretty sure the standar pedal is plastic anyway so should be nice and easy to drill.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Hi JL,

I heard 911 Turbot pedals are perfectly spaced for H&T.

HTH.

Best regards,

Duncs500

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Touche Duncs :lol: - still looking every day :D

PS thanks Harry

Updated January 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

JL said...

Touche Duncs :lol: - still looking every day :D

PS thanks Harry

:) I'm going to file this under your very own mantra that if you want better performance from a car, get a better performance car, rather than spending time and money tuning what you've got.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Even down to the pedal spacing? :lol:

JL said...

Yeah, practice what you preach! I'm sure the last time you rolled that one out all Beany wanted to do was polish his Puma.;)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

JL said...

Yeah, practice what you preach! I'm sure the last time you rolled that one out all Beany wanted to do was polish his Puma.;)

:lol:

duncs500 said...

JL said...

's MAF :lol:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular