Forums > General > Familiar car on the front cover of A-J...

FAMILIAR CAR ON THE FRONT COVER OF A-J...
Previous | 1 | Next

Cheers Samoht!

Preserved for posterity, unlike the forum post which has now been washed away, like tears in the rain... ;)

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

That car was only 4.5k?!!! Why hasn't everyone got one?!!!

JL said...

That car was only 4.5k?!!! Why hasn't everyone got one?!!!

Do you really require an answer to that?

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

I was going to say no, not really - but I've decided that I would actually like an answer. I know all about their failings but if it is good compression isn't that half the battle won? And at sub-5k, you could take a punt on it anyway. I've spent more than that this month on car repairs and sofas (I never told you guys the 'pink' sofas went some time back - ex-Ms-JL is getting their replacements sadly).

You're looking for a toy, aren't you?

OK then, here's my personal response, others may have differing (wrong) opinions:

I'll want to tinker. I'll give it more boosts, it'll blow up. I'll sink a fortune into repairing it and, while I'm at it, have a few more boosts installed. It'll blow up again and I'll spend another small fortune whilst lying to MrsREV about where the car is and why our bank account is empty again. Then I'll stop driving it because I'll be scared it'll blow up again. Rinse and repeat until I throw my toys out the pram and buy a diesel Golf.

I want a toy, not a grenade with the pin pulled.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

It is rather nice.

Anyone know if there's reliable LSx conversions out there, and how much they cost?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

It is rather nice.

Anyone know if there's reliable LSx conversions out there, and how much they cost?

Apologies for another A-J link, but I saw two LSx engined RX7s at Fighting Torque a couple of years ago. Click

Can't say they were reliable though. One or both spent the day being worked on...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular