Forums > General > Blockbuster

BLOCKBUSTER
Previous | 123 | Next

Yep

There goes another one that no one could have seen coming:lol:

Now that IS annoying because there is no exact alternative if you want to rent a blu-ray on a specific day :cry:

Downloads are not sufficiently good quality for my internet speed. (1.2M)

Updated January 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

The year 2000 called. They want their high speed broadband back :lol:

I've never used Blockbuster.

--

Speed holes.

:(

I don't have blu-ray :oops:

And most DVDs these days are cheap enough from the superstores. If there's anything in particular I'm after I'll generally order from Amazon.

Again though, no excuse given their brand status years ago not to have evolved. So they get what's coming.

Swervin_Mervin said...

I don't have blu-ray :oops:

And most DVDs these days are cheap enough from the superstores. If there's anything in particular I'm after I'll generally order from Amazon.

Again though, no excuse given their brand status years ago not to have evolved. So they get what's coming.

Change or die, change or die...

All the video hire shops have shut down as well, I wonder what is going on;)

I got it wrong, dammit!

Bad times though, their new movie list is always good to look at for reference.

Marv said...

Mark BT52 said...

The year 2000 called. They want their high speed broadband back :lol:

Unfortunately that is the absolute maximum for my area.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

p7ulg said...

All the video hire shops have shut down as well, I wonder what is going on;)

Didn't BB have that scheme were you'd order a DVD online, have it delivered, then send it back at their cost for £5?

Sheer madness if it was.

To be honest, I'm surprised they lasted this long.

It's getting quite depressing now as it means there will be more pound shops than ever before.

I blame Apple

--

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

To be honest, I'm surprised they lasted this long.

It's getting quite depressing now as it means there will be more pound shops than ever before.

You won't be complaining when they start stocking Ferraris.

I blame the government and the greedy bankers who need to be held to account for this calamity.

Updated January 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I used them all the time, was a very regular customer. In 1997.

--

Large format print & graphics

exiges said...

I blame the government and the greedy bankers who need to be held to account for this calamity.

:lol:

These shops were all obsolete, much like my thread.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Si_ said...

exiges said...

:lol:

These shops were all obsolete, much like my thread.

+1

Business models that are out of date. LoveFilm / Netflix are more convenient options in my opinion. Pick a DVD / Blu Ray / Game and they send it to your door. Just post it back when done. Netflix gives instant access to TV and Film. They were never in a position to compete really. Can't even remember the last time I stepped inside a BB...

Updated January 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Brannen said...

Business models that are out of date. LoveFilm / Netflix are more convenient options in my opinion. Pick a DVD / Blu Ray / Game and they send it to your door. Just post it back when done. Netflix gives instant access to TV and Film. They were never in a position to compete really. Can't even remember the last time I stepped inside a BB...

Except a large proportion of the population can't stream/download (and the quality is not even comparable anyway). And the postage thing is a monthly subscription service that isn't even same day.

So hardly an out of date model.

Updated January 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM

--

Mark BT52 said...

Except a large proportion of the population can't stream/download (and the quality is not even comparable anyway). And the postage thing is a monthly subscription service that isn't even same day.

And they wonder why we 'borrow' movies.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

You can stream via SKY or Virgin box nowadays, Mark. It's your home entertainment model which is obsolete.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular