Forums > General > Sony Xperia Z

SONY XPERIA Z
Previous | 12 | Next

Clicky

Review Click

Sounds like a great device. Being completely water resistant is a great feature as I've lost several phones over the years to water damage. Specs aren't bad either. Will be seriously considering it when I'm due an upgrade in a couple of months.

Alex88 said...

I've lost several phones over the years to water damage.

Water or beer?

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Blackberry down the toilet when I had it between my shoulder and ear whilst having a piss, iPhone 3GS got covered in snakebite.

I looks good to me. Great specs too.

I'll be interested to try it when we get them early Feb.

Alex88 said...

Being completely water resistant is a great feature as I've lost several phones over the years to water damage.

My main reason for having one of these years ago was that it was shock and water resistant as I used to take it out with me when I was on my bike.

I have since come up with the much easier solution of leaving my phone at home when I go out on my bike :lol:.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Alex88 said...

Blackberry down the toilet when I had it between my shoulder and ear whilst having a piss....

:lol: Seriously?

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Alex88 said...

Blackberry down the toilet when I had it between my shoulder and ear whilst having a piss....

:lol: Seriously?

Yep :lol: was stuck there for a while too

DeskJockey said...

Alex88 said...

I've lost several phones over the years to water damage.

Water or beer?

He has a bladder problem. Needs to keep his phone in his back trouser pocket or use a belt clip.

zedleg said...

Alex88 said...

Being completely water resistant is a great feature as I've lost several phones over the years to water damage.

My main reason for having one of these years ago was that it was shock and water resistant as I used to take it out with me when I was on my bike.

I have since come up with the much easier solution of leaving my phone at home when I go out on my bike :lol:.

I'm sure the Z wont be as robust as one of the Nokia's, but then no phones are ;) I like the idea of being able to use the phone if it's raining etc or even in the shower if I can't be parted from it

zedleg said...

Alex88 said...

I had one of these - loved it. Still managed to crack the screen and give it a full river dunking though. 'Resistant' is definitely the right word.

To this day I still miss the thermometer function.

--

MarDoubleT

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

441ppi :O (iPhone is 326)

Nice. If only they'd make one that was actually phone sized...

simongardner said...

Nice. If only they'd make one that was actually phone sized...

This.

I love Android, but the phones are just becoming too big now...

What about the Galaxy Mini or whatever it's called?

I do wish they'd make their minds up on what screen size they want me to want. "Look at this screen, isn't it big and awesome!" "Look at this screen, isn't it small and awesome!" Consistency, please!

JL said...

I do wish they'd make their minds up on what screen size they want me to want. "Look at this screen, isn't it big and awesome!" "Look at this screen, isn't it small and awesome!" Consistency, please!

They want you to want whichever size suits your lifestyle. HTH.;)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

JL said...

S3 mini should have been great for people who simply wanted a smaller S3. It looks the same but it's innards are that of a mid range device.

I haven't lost any phones to water damage over the years, therefore the main selling point of this device is wasted on me.

Perhaps they should have called it the Sony Dyspraxia

I've lost two iPhones to liquid damage now. Put one in the washing machine, and the other had some Finish Line Cross Country lube (bike chain oil) leak onto it. If it had been water it would have been fine given where it contacted the phone, but this oil did what oil does best, and wicked its way in, between the glass and steel band.

Apple have been awesome both times and exchanged it for a brand new one for £140, which I think is pretty fair of them really considering I had no warranty or insurance to fall back on.

Anyway, I like the idea of a more robust smartphone, but I agree that it's a bit too big at 5".

_ said...

I've lost two iPhones to liquid damage now. Put one in the washing machine, and the other had some Finish Line Cross Country lube (bike chain oil) leak onto it. If it had been water it would have been fine given where it contacted the phone, but this oil did what oil does best, and wicked its way in, between the glass and steel band.

Apple have been awesome both times and exchanged it for a brand new one for £140, which I think is pretty fair of them really considering I had no warranty or insurance to fall back on.

Anyway, I like the idea of a more robust smartphone, but I agree that it's a bit too big at 5".

This is especially excellent if you have an iphone4, since they'll swap to a 4S for that money these days.

RichardMajor86 said...

This is especially excellent if you have an iphone4, since they'll swap to a 4S for that money these days.

is that true? Only if they've run out of the 4 I guess. I've been replaced like-for-like both times.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular