Forums > General > Helicopter crash, central London

HELICOPTER CRASH, CENTRAL LONDON
Previous | 12 | Next

Confusion at the moment to exactly what has happened but a BBC link can be seen Click

:shock:

--

Nuts on the road

Cripes. I took a very rare trip into London last week for work and I was looking at that crane from the train, I remember being impressed with how it was attached to the side of the building.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Simon69 said...

:shock:

:shock::shock:

Sundayjumper said...

Cripes. I took a very rare trip into London last week for work and I was looking at that crane from the train, I remember being impressed with how it was attached to the side of the building.

Seeing that on the news. Probably what's holding it up, so damned lucky.

They haven't confirmed the pilot died, but with that fireball I'd assume he/she is?

ETA, Beeb have just said 2 dead in the helo. :(
Others in hospital.

Updated January 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Very sad, deadly accident.

Wonder if they were coming in for the heliport down the road? They must have been low.

--

Large format print & graphics

Hearing that builders should have been on site for 8am but were delayed due to the fog conditions. :shock:

Only two people dead - Eamonn Holmes sounds gutted. I expect that when it was first reported they figured on many hours of hand-wringing off the back of this.

Evostick said...

Only two people dead - Eamonn Holmes sounds gutted. I expect that when it was first reported they figured on many hours of hand-wringing off the back of this.

Too much truth in that. Still waiting for terrorist theories.

speedcamera said...

Evostick said...

Or how climate change is to blame.

Holy fvck :shock:

Even more scary is that we were considering buying a flat right there but the area wasn't that good 8 years ago.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Fvcking dreadful reporting of this on the BBC this morning. When did the news become asking twelve people who might have seen something the same four questions and shitty camera shots off twitter. If there's nothing to report yet don't report anything. It's better than speculation

Updated January 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

--

I often drive for a road travel

That is scary. :(

looks like a mk4 golf was caught in the wreckage / fireball.

sad times for the evo community :cry:

pretty shocking though, witnesses talking of the crane arm and counterbalance weight dropping to the ground, plus the helicopter, spread of wreckage and fireball, at 8am in central london. Amazing luck if only two have been killed.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Mito Man said...

Holy fvck :shock:

Even more scary is that we were considering buying a flat right there but the area wasn't that good 8 years ago.

Jesus, it must have been bad if you ended up where you are now. :lol:

speedcamera said...

Evostick said...

this, they operate on big headlines, and this clearly wasn't 'bad enough'.

Unfortunate for the victims though.

I have a simple rule in life to avoid helicopters.

Alan said...

speedcamera said...

Evostick said...

+1 on all of the above

There used to be a lot of blue-chip customers in the Cap Gemini datacentre at the crash site....

p7ulg said...

Alan said...

speedcamera said...

Evostick said...

+1 on all of the above

Yeah, no more people dead than in a big car crash so it's not that big but it could have been so much worse, lucky it hit a building site and not a more populated area.
If it were to have almost hit MI6 would they have deployed missiles to blow it up or does that not exist?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular