Forums > General > Just one car

JUST ONE CAR
Previous | 12 | Next

If you could have just one car from your past or present garage for the rest of your life, which would you choose?*

Base it on how the car felt at the time, don't worry about constraints like those pesky kids, and assume it would still generate that same feeling forever.

For me, although I've owned two M3's I'm going with my Impreza WRX. It was a car of major firsts: first new car, first AWD, first turbo, first >200bhp. I've owned 'better' cars since but none have managed to capture the feeling that car did. I went out every night driving and did the run in mileage in under a week despite the fact my drive to work and back was only 20 miles. I'm sure if I drove it now it would feel like a POS but at the time it was pure magic.

*Inspired by Dinny_G's nostalgia thread from yesterday which got me thinking about all my cars. I don't need another watch ;).

Just one is hard but it would have to be the Z1. It's just so much fun and something of a unique motoring experience.

Although if all pesky considerations are really put to one side (eg ruinous running costs as well as kids), then my former E60 M5 comes a pretty close second. It wouldn't be a hardship to live with that Tubi-voiced V10 and swaddled in full leather luxury for the rest of my life.

Honourable third place to the Mercedes 500E. They really are fabulous machines and more or less indestructable.

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

Audi A5 Coupe 3.0 Tdi Black Edition

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

The 599 GTB is the best car I ever owned by quite a margin.
I still hope that someday I will have a better car though 8)

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

My last westfield.

545Kgs fully wet
192bhp from a 1.8 NA engine
SCCR box
Cage
Sticky tyres and brakes
All the other bells and whistles
And it was Orange

--

My Glass is always half full

Volvo 440 the most beautiful car ever built.

Cheers

Steve

V10 RS6, does all you ever need a car to do

Alan said...

V10 RS6, does all you ever need a car to do

^^ like this fellow. 8)

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

Would have to be my Edition 30 fvckin loved that car.

--

Strong Broo Racing

_Steveo_ said...

Volvo 440 the most beautiful car ever built.

Cheers

Steve

My first car - loved it.

Oh and Alan the point's over there ----------->

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

I think everyone knows it would be my old Clio valver (1.8 16v that is) for me. The blue one, not the grey one. The blue one was more of a shed but way more fun. 8)

Updated January 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Golf GTI 16v after driving a 1300 Golf 4 speed for 2 years. Facking great feeling.

MR2 Roadster, what luck I still have it!

Difficult decision to make without allowing the rose tinted glasses to become involved. I'll stick with the m coupe for now unless I think of something else.

John said...

Difficult decision to make without allowing the rose tinted glasses to become involved. I'll stick with the m coupe for now unless I think of something else.

You definitely need to wear those, hence my choice!

Ah ok then, 205 gti 1.9 turbo. Mental car and I'm suprised that I didn't get myself into a lot of trouble in that car :D

John said...

Ah ok then, 205 gti 1.9 turbo. Mental car and I'm suprised that I didn't get myself into a lot of trouble in that car :D

Was it a Turbo Technics? My brother-in-law had one of those. One of the most fun cars I've ever driven. 200bhp in high boost and 50-70 in 2.9 secs IIRC.

Yes, the mid range acceleration was addictive.

my current car, although i do miss my B5 RS4 (number 11) but i don't miss the bendy rims ...

I have tracked it down, its in wales, being cared for properly with a 600bhp mod after the original engine went bang

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

E46 M3 - best car I have owned and still miss it. Also replacing it with an X5 ranks as my worst car buying decision ever!!

--

Cheers Ben

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular