Forums > Moaning forum > Another hit

ANOTHER HIT
Previous | 1 | Next

Just watched someone nerf the back of the Z while it's parked on the side of the road outside of my house. Needless to say they drove off. Reg plate, I thought, was B2 WAN, but that's coming up as a merc and I thought it was a silver mitsu. Only doubt I had was over the 'A'. Pretty sure I recognise the number plate and car as being very local, as in a street or two away. It's not done a lot (didn't even set the alarm off) but has marked the bumper and added a tiny slice to the plastic.

Gonna have a walk later and knock on the door I think, give 'em the chance before reporting it? Wouldn't have been massively bothered but for the fact they've broken the law and blatantly saw me standing at the upstairs window pointing.

No one gives a toss these days. I also bet he says it was your fault or some such rubbish :roll:

Updated January 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Arseholes. Hope it sorts out.

Saw some girl reverse out of a space into a car opposite hers because she had the music too loud and the screen was misted up. Police are prosecuting her now and I've given a statement and have agreed to go to court. All because I reported it so someone may have seen it happen and may have a sense of duty.

Carl

Just Jon Innit said...

It's not done a lot (didn't even set the alarm off) but has marked the bumper and added a tiny slice to the plastic.

Gonna have a walk later and knock on the door I think, give 'em the chance before reporting it? Wouldn't have been massively bothered but for the fact they've broken the law and blatantly saw me standing at the upstairs window pointing.

Take lots of pics. Where you car is on the road, pics from near and far away. Also take lots of pics of the damage, no matter how minor.

Not been able to find the car yet (tucked up in a garage?) but I definitely recognised it & the reg plate; I just can't place where I normally see it.

I didn't want to waste police time having obviously not gotten the reg plate down correctly, but if/when I do track them down I just want to sh1t them up a bit so they don't do it next time...

Update - found the car (on the school run), no answer at apartment building where it lives (hiding or bell broken I dunno). I had a good look round his car for 5 minutes to give him chance to come out. Have left a fairly comprehensive note asking him to get in touch before I talk to the police. A helpful old gent parking opposite even told me which number he is at.

Reg was B2 MWN.

The marks on the bumper are quite bad in daylight so definitely think reparation is in order. The car is going in the bodyshop in Feb for some other stuff anyway, but a contribution I think is in order?

sort it out. probably a chav who would attack anyone who scratched his mitsubishi but doesnt give a sh!t about anyone elses car.

I think it's an old fogey to be honest, but old fogey or not, you can't drive away from an incident no matter how small.

He may try and deny all knowledge of it.

Smear copious amounts of dog/human sh/t under the door handle. Make sure your wearing rubber gloves though.

I'd just report it. Longer you leave it the less chance of something being done.

Police should be quite good - especially if you have photos of the damage on both cars.

All sorted fairly amicably. He called today and then came round this evening, we agreed a figure of £150 and off he popped. He wasn't exactly falling over himself being apologetic but I don't really care.

Cheers,
Jon

Good result Jon. 8)

Good result indeed - people with no respect for other people's property is one of my pet hates. Nice that one of them finally gets caught!

Once you get the money maybe rejoice.

And then report the guy for driving away fro the scene of an acccident!

Good work 8)

--

Moon on a stick.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular