--

Roadgoing Group A racecar

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Mike1215 said...

......plus the new Ford pitted against the M135i and BRZ

Clickety-click

.....and a treat for lovers of Old Skool South African stuff

Superboss vs 325iS

After seeing that Superboss, must stop looking through classifieds for another Astra GTE 16v :)

Still the most fun hot hatch I've ever had ( although it was a good example )

--

Got any pics of it Mike?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

Got any pics of it Mike?

Indeed I have Duncs :)

Owned it alongside the Saxo VTS - at higher speeds it would just drive away from the Citroen. Was like a 205 as well in that the back was quite responsive to throttle lift and would point the nose into a corner. Similarly quick to an E30 325 ...so I'm sure that Superboss would have felt quick to Harris with an extra 15bhp

Updated January 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM

--

Interesting, bit of a forgotten car really.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

The Superboss? .......or Astra GTE 16v?
I think the problem with the 16v in UK is many either rusted or were plundered for their fantastic engine, to go into smaller Novas, Corsas or kit cars. They actually got decent write-ups at the time.....despite the Internet wisdom (from people that only ever "drove a mate's car" ) that's grown up since - quite a bit different from the run of the mill 8 valve versions in terms of suspension and drive

--

Mike1215 said...

duncs500 said...

The Superboss? .......or Astra GTE 16v?
I think the problem with the 16v in UK is many either rusted or were plundered for their fantastic engine, to go into smaller Novas, Corsas or kit cars. They actually got decent write-ups at the time.....despite the Internet wisdom (from people that only ever "drove a mate's car" ) that's grown up since - quite a bit different from the run of the mill 8 valve versions in terms of suspension and drive

I was referring to the 16v really, it's a bit before my time, but there are a few cars from the era which are well talked about, and you never hear anything of it. I wonder how many are still on the road.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

I was referring to the 16v really, it's a bit before my time, but there are a few cars from the era which are well talked about, and you never hear anything of it. I wonder how many are still on the road.

Well, the DVLA stats say that there are about 500 left, 350 on SORN and 150 on the road

As for my old 16v, the GAWK, it looks like it is still going. Doesn't surprise me as I plastered the underneath with old oil and injected cavity wax into all the remaining box sections. A messy job on a hot summer's day but means you don't have to worry about rust for a few years. Seemed to work well in preserving my old Manta GTE as well so I've tended to do it to any of my cars I've particularly wanted to keep

--

Looks cracking Mike.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

andybond said...

Looks cracking Mike.

ISTR you had your Catalunya back then? :?:

--

I had the cat in 2001...

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

andybond said...

I had the cat in 2001...

Yep, I remember you talking about it back on the old blue EVO forum :)

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular