Forums > General > New Merc CLA

NEW MERC CLA
Previous | 12 | Next

I like it! If Merc is listening I want the CLA55 please: RWD, manual, LSD and TC that has a proper off setting.

All at a price to match the M135i.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

It's based on the A-class, so will be fwd. It's the Passat CC competitor which we've all been waiting for :lol:

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

I know it is, but I can still hope...

--

DeskJockey
---

DeskJockey said...

I like it! If Merc is listening I want the CLA55 please: RWD, manual, LSD and TC that has a proper off setting.

"An AMG variant, the CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC, is also expected."

Same price as a top of the range Astra.

make your choices.

RichardMajor86 said...

Merc every day.

exiges said...

DeskJockey said...

Yep, all the AMG variants of FWD cars will be AWD. It will be an understeery pos like the Audi RS3 and everyone will pick the ugly 1er instead ;)

--

How about not having a sig at all?

exiges said...

DeskJockey said...

Saw that too. Still want my suggestion. Or some nuts RWD Brabus thing.

--

DeskJockey
---

Looks ok from that angle.

--

BMW Car Magazine @QuentlyBentin

RichardMajor86 said...

make your choices.

1) I doubt it

2) No one pays Vauxhall list prices.

ShockDiamonds said...

Looks ok from that angle.

Looks awful from most others. Reminded me, for no rational reason, of a Nova saloon.

Don't think Merc could ever beat their original CLS design. I really liked the way they look. The new CLS, and now this (in fact, most modern Mercs) looks butch and awkward from the front. Personally, I think it's the over-sized headlights, like the BMWs :(.

Updated January 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM

DeskJockey said...

exiges said...

DeskJockey said...

take the front props out :)

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

DeskJockey said...

exiges said...

DeskJockey said...

A propshaft takes drive along the length of a vehicle. A driveshaft takes drive to the wheels. HTH

--

Cheers,
Mike

caneswell said...

Eric Pisch said...

DeskJockey said...

exiges said...

DeskJockey said...

A propshaft takes drive along the length of a vehicle. A driveshaft takes drive to the wheels. HTH

left right stop go, after that i pay a man to deal with it

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

caneswell said...

Eric Pisch said...

DeskJockey said...

exiges said...

DeskJockey said...

left right stop go, after that i pay a man to deal with it

Don't talk about it then

--

Cheers,
Mike

I'm not so sure about it, maybe a niche too far

Shape works well on something with a wheelbase the length of a CLS, but not sure how the proportions are going to look on an A Class floor pan. Need to see one in the metal.

From this angle, it looks rather erm... strange!

p7ulg said...

Shape works well on something with a wheelbase the length of a CLS, but not sure how the proportions are going to look on an A Class floor pan. Need to see one in the metal.

Some chap on PH seemed to keep going on about it being based on an A-class. However, the CLA is longer, lower and wider than a C-class saloon, so commonality of production doesn't mean an awful lot when it comes to size these days.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular