Forums > Moaning forum > Snow

SNOW

Weather forecast suggest loads of the stuff on Friday.

--

BMW Car Magazine

integrale_evo said...

Absolute carnage, never seen anything like it.

It took me 45 mins to do one lap of Diss at 4pm, then I had to go to Rushall with the kids and back. Not good, even with the help of Quattro.

I followed some old dear in a 1 series back through Diss tonight and she was going up a slight incline getting slower and slower whilst I was behind yelling "don't fvcking stop!" at the top of my voice. Nightmare.

People should no go out in this unless they are confident drivers.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tim said...

integrale_evo said...

Absolute carnage, never seen anything like it.

It took me 45 mins to do one lap of Diss at 4pm, then I had to go to Rushall with the kids and back. Not good, even with the help of Quattro.

I followed some old dear in a 1 series back through Diss tonight and she was going up a slight incline getting slower and slower whilst I was behind yelling "don't fvcking stop!" at the top of my voice. Nightmare.

People should no go out in this unless they are confident drivers.

What the fvck is wrong with Norfolk?? :lol:

I was on the A47 just before they shut it. It was horrid.

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

integrale_evo said...

Took me 3 1/2 hours to drive the 20 miles to work. Reasoned that the main routs should be ok as it ha been fine all morning, hit the A11 just in time for a proper blizzard. Cars falling off the road and spinning everywhere, at least 5 of the side of the road in trees. Absolute carnage, never seen anything like it.

Next time I shall go with my gut instinct and stick to quiet back roads where I only have myself to worry about.

Heard that Norfolk had alot of snowfall. Hardly any in the part of Suffolk where I work and live!

I normally carry on using the small country roads to get to Ipswich, when the roads are covered in snow. They're deserted. The way other people drive is a bigger problem than the actual conditions IMO.

After the snow today and most of Norwich's road network being closed.

:lol:

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

One picture can perfectly sum up this country's ability to cope with the weather:

Do they even put winter tyres on gritters?

Updated January 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM

--

Cheers,
Mike

Whilst stuck in a queue I did see a police man with some common sense. The road was blocked, no traffic coming the other way, he pulls up allongside a gritter lorry and gets it to follow him so it can actually grit the road. Shame the two that had passed previously didn't :roll:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

caneswell said...

One picture can perfectly sum up this country's ability to cope with the weather:

Do they even put winter tyres on gritters?

I was following a fully loaded gritter yesterday and as he swung it around a corner one of the rear wheels left the floor completely :shock:

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

I have seen the 4x4 gritted trucks in Scotland on normal tyres :lol:

JL said...

Nor here. But to be honest I'm handling 14C and windy about the same as you lot would handle snow :lol: - feels fvcking Baltic to me!

I know when my brain has become acclimatised to the cold weather here, when I go out to my car in the morning, think it's quite mild, think that defrosting the car was a bit easier as the frost wasn't so hard, put the key in to my car to start it up and the temp gauge flashes up -4.5c!

That is relatively mild compared to the temps some other places in the UK have seen. And I've seen it lower this week (-9c)

Tonnes expected tonight, wonder if it'll stick 8)

New record this morning, 8 overtakes on my twisty 25 minute commute :lol: WTF are people doing 30mph (in a 60) on a straight piece of clear/?un-icy road?

Snowmagedon is due to hit most of Britain tonight.

Meant to be travelling to Basildon this afternoon for a meeting tomorrow morning, I may get stranded in Bas Vegas!

Daily Mail main headline on its website:

Don't even try to travel tomorrow': Motorists warned to stay off the road as Britain is set for blanket of snow and a weekend low of -5C

Hmm, time for a non-event then :lol:

Updated January 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Apparently we should have had two snow flurries here, by now.

It's nice and sunny :lol:

Updated January 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Ok its here. Just got everything in I need from the car as dont think it will be moving for a while

I imagine the news tonight to be something like this regarding the weather.

Doooooooooooooooom

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Disappointed that the northwest has already been changed from certain snow to none :(

I always feel short-changed as a northerner when areas of the country further south get a good peppering of snow.

Updated January 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

We're too sheltered here, Mike.

Welsh hills from the West, Peaks and Pennines from the east and we're nestled in the Mersey valley.

If it comes in the from the north-west, we're screwed, though.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Here they say it'll snow from tomorrow afternoon right through until Saturday morning. :D

--

Entirely pointless

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular