Forums > Moaning forum > Snow

SNOW

A dusting overnight and it was snowing steadily until about half an hour ago. None of it has settled though.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Plenty coming down in Slough, not settling though.

--

This ^

It's sunny in Plymouth. The rain is farking cold when it arrives though.

--

Plump eyes?

Mostly rain in Glasgow and Ayrshire. Bloody cold :evil:!

Jobbo said...

I'm going to get the Mazda out shortly and find some pristine snowy lanes :D

Well, that was pretty much a total snow-finding fail. Good fun splashing about in the meltwater though.

Typical British media hyping everything up as usual. It's all doom and gloom and then the weather fails to materialise. What a surprise.

I had to drive from Dunfermline to Chippenham today and if the weather man was to be believed I should have stayed at home. Pathetic! Sod all snow. The good thing was that the roads were very quiet all the way down.

Had about four inches of wet snow the last three hours, roads are clarted in town, actually now pretty slippy, so the five-minute-walk from work took 30mins.

Think I'll take shanks pony tomorrow, burn off some of the beer gut :lol:

We got some, but it melted. Except at our house, where the arctic microclimate has filled the drive with ice and frozen slush!

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Scarbados was like some kind of slush rink (and still appears to be) so when I went out to the takeaway to avoid the throng of panic buying retards at the supermarkets, I went down the wide, perpetually empty cul-de-sac next to it to do a three point turn, and park facing back to the main road.

I then had a great idea, moved to the right put some lock on and flicked the handbrake, and near as dammit parked it, Russ Swift style, in one long sluice towards the kerb. Which was cool as fuck.

However, I made the mistake of doing it at night, when everyones curtains were closed, and there were no single mothers around to applaud me.

Damn my impulses - I need to think these things through more carefully :(

Point of interest - ABS doesn't work, traction control (which uses the same sensors and pumps as the ABS) does. Curious...

Arse. :lol: Twas a cold commute to and from work.

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

We've had quite a bit, but it's pretty patchy. Some parts have had an inch, a mile down the road and there's 5-6 inches, more where the wind has caught it.

Glad I took the brm atomix, the e36 would have been sledging for most of the way home :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Not much snow here in India :lol:

Cheers, Rich

--

having sex with three hookers at once and getting your mother to watch a video of it to score you on technique afterwards

Nor here. But to be honest I'm handling 14C and windy about the same as you lot would handle snow :lol: - feels fvcking Baltic to me!

Just up, and there's a good 10cm here :evil:.

Edit: with the plough havin' passed

Updated January 15, 2013 at 7:58 AM

--

Nuts on the road

I saw a car with snow still sitting on its bootlid on my commute. The only snow I saw at all. Lovely crisp winter day here.

Jobbo said...

I saw a car with snow still sitting on its bootlid on my commute. The only snow I saw at all. Lovely crisp winter day here.

I saw a Mini trying to accelerate out of a snowy parking space at the side of the road, find tarmac, lurch forward and dump about five kilos of snow behind it, then jump on the brakes, put five kilos of snow down the screen, whereupon she panicked and stalled it.

*slow handclap* :roll:

I, meanwhile, had a private road up to an estate all to myself. Half a mile of swinging the car around like some sort of drunk. Top fun!

Only snow I've seen is on the cars which have commuted to London from other areas.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Yesterday was fun but today was just tiring after a while. Got stuck so many times!

Gonna get a sandbag from work and put it in the boot. Everytime I get to a hill I just loose grip. :lol:

To compensate I scandinavian flicked my car into my driveway much to the amusement of my next door neighbour. 8)

Updated January 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Took me 3 1/2 hours to drive the 20 miles to work. Reasoned that the main routs should be ok as it ha been fine all morning, hit the A11 just in time for a proper blizzard. Cars falling off the road and spinning everywhere, at least 5 of the side of the road in trees. Absolute carnage, never seen anything like it.

Next time I shall go with my gut instinct and stick to quiet back roads where I only have myself to worry about.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Six or seven inches. Car has been relegated to the drive and pinched the company golf to get routinely tailgated by fecking idiots

--

Cheers Ben

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular