Forums > Moaning forum > Cancer

CANCER
Previous | 12 | Next

Another family member has now been diagnosed, this time a brain tumour. Found out today, operation Tuesday and he was too scared to ask anything such as location, whether it was benign, what the statistics are etc.

As you can imagine the fall out in the family is of biblical proportions and no one really knows how to prepare properly, they're just accepting the worst which is highly Victorian of them.

I'm hoping I can take more of a back seat this time round...

That sucks. Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Crap news. :(

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

It's a horrible disease and has affected numerous members of our family too. On the plus side I'm unlikely to die from a heart attack *touches wood*

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

I have faith in the NHS, if they can't fix him then there's not much anyone can do. I just wish other people came out the dark ages.

Unfortunately brain cancer is near impossible to cure. My uncle has it, and he was told about it 3 years ago. Given his 2 ops, he is still fighting but not for much longer :(. NHS or otherwise, this is pretty much incurable.

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

Simon69 said...

Unfortunately brain cancer is near impossible to cure. My uncle has it, and he was told about it 3 years ago. Given his 2 ops, he is still fighting but not for much longer :(. NHS or otherwise, this is pretty much incurable.

On the flip side to this, my mum had two operations last October and 6 weeks of low dose radiotherapy. That was 26 years after the last time they had to operate. She seems to be doing really well and the MRI to check is coming up.

Of course, discovering she had breast cancer shortly afterwards was a bit of a blow but she's just had the all clear from that.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

bad news. a friend of mine was diagnosed with both forms of leukaemia last year around may and it was a real shock to everyone, especially at such a young age. no one knows how to deal with it. hes nearly fully recovered now but sadly not everyone is so lucky. hopefully your family can give them the support they need.

--

Pain don't hurt

Sorry to hear that OC :(

Orange Cola said...

I have faith in the NHS, if they can't fix him then there's not much anyone can do. I just wish other people came out the dark ages.

The NHS is world class for cancer and trauma, it can be the rest that is not so good.

Hope all goes well

Simon69 said...

Unfortunately brain cancer is near impossible to cure

Sorry to hear about your Uncle.

A cancer is something growing where it shouldn't, that is all.
A wart is cancer.

So you can have all sorts of "cancers" growing in all sorts of places.

"Brain" "cancer" does not always mean death.

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

Orange Cola said...

Yeah so true.

Private isnt all that, a simple knee operation in one killed my grandfather - once it got proper serious they shipped him out of the private place to the nhs - tells you a lot.

Best to keep believing.

mik said...

Sorry to hear that OC :(

Yep, what mik said :(

--

Done.

Awful news :(

--

This ^

Nothing can be said OC - the very best of good luck and fortune to your family.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

This

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Thank you for the kind words.

Taken the day off on Tuesday to be with his mum and sister (my nan and mum) just wondering if there is any mileage in getting them both out for the day or if they'll just be too distracted. I think sitting them in the house will make them stew.

It'll be a week or more before we know what the growth is but after the op we should know how well developed it had become and whether they were able to remove it all. Fingers crossed!

exiges said...

Dinny_G said...

This

The same wishes from me, I'll echo the NHS comments also.

:( Fingers crossed and best wishes OC.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Best of luck.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular