Forums > General > Looking for teh grown up car

LOOKING FOR TEH GROWN UP CAR
Previous | 1 | Next

Been recently looking at upgrading from an MX5 to a BMW or similar.

Found this apparent bargin

323Ci with 55k on the clock. Cheap even if it doesn't have a 'comprehensive' service history??

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Worth a look at the price. Not many with genuine mileage that liw I'd have thought. Who cares though if goes well and is in decent nick.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Go see it. What's to loose?

--

Nuts on the road

drophead said...

--

Kintegra y0!

Simon69 said...

Go see it. What's to loose?

Good point. Finding it hard keeping up with the markets nowadays. Don't know whats a good price for what!

You can find a mint 328i going for 1500 but then see a slightly ratty 323i auto going for the same rate along with 20 others.

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Don't buy the first car you see :)

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

drophead said...

323Ci with 55k on the clock. Cheap even if it doesn't have a 'comprehensive' service history??

I'll wager theres a '1' missing off the odo reading at that price.

I've seen a few rotten ones mind, around the front jacking point - one had proper 80's levels of corrosion. Holes big enough to fit your hand in.:lol:

This is for proper grown-ups...

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Flewy said...

drophead said...

I'll wager theres a '1' missing off the odo reading at that price.

I've seen a few rotten ones mind, around the front jacking point - one had proper 80's levels of corrosion. Holes big enough to fit your hand in.:lol:

That, and does the partial service history include a cambelt/tensioners/general Major Service having been done?

If not, keep a few hundred quid aside. Otherwise, looks pretty nice, dunnit?

i think they use a chain ;)

eta:

Is it actually cheap? it appears to have no options at all. the seats are base spec cloth, non sports, it has a cassette player, it has small ugly wheels. I also very much doubt the seats are electric, and can't see the parking sensors in the bumper either.

might be worth a look if close, but i wouldn't go halfway across the country to see it.

Updated January 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

It also has the early-style steering wheel, same as used in the E36. Go slightly newer and you get a nicer wheel.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular