Forums > Moaning forum > "Starving" cats

"STARVING" CATS
Previous | 1 | Next

Our young cats are driving me mental. Despite feeding them the recommended amounts of food, they behave like they've never been fed. They beg for food, try and steal food and have even figured out how to open the cupboard where their food is kept and then use their claws to tear open the pouches. Even the bag of dry food is covered in claw and tooth marks. Yesterday, we caught the ginger one trying to get the tub of fish food open :roll:

They've been tested for worms so it isn't that. Anyone got any ideas to get them to calm the fùck down?

--

Out of step with the forum.

Nope. Mine are exactly the same, greedy little feckers.

In fact thinking about it, mine are worse, as I leave food for them all the time. If it's not exactly what they feel like at that given moment, it all kicks off :lol:

Updated January 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Ours s a PITA too. The moment you walk in the room it starts meowling to be fed then gets under your feet wherever you go. I don't like cats

We fill their food bowl in the morning and at about 5pm.

They self regulate and we weigh them every few months and their weight is stable.

Also, Go-Cat is essentially McDonalds for cats. Pick a food with a high protein content as they were designed to eat. Also try to get them on raw food like cut up chicken wings, when they get used to eating it they are far more lively.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

We feed them a mixture of IAMS and Felix (as they sometimes turn their nose up at the IAMS).

I'll just settle for shouting at them, then :(

--

As the owner of 2 labradors - I understand your pain :D

Weird though - when we had cats they would both always leave food in their bowls. Weren't fatties either. :?

That's another one - the upturned nose. Would they ever catch, say, a starling in the wild then go 'oh hang on, I actually fancy a bit of sparrow today, fvck it, not interested' ?

My sisters cat goes nuts for sweetcorn. He can hear a can open from another room:D

Have you watched them eating to see if one's eating more and others left with less ?

When we has 2, Lucy was the boss wouldn't let Bob eat until she'd finished. Poor fvcker would sit looking at the full bowl of food but wouldn't touch it until she sauntered up and had her's first??

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

They both start eating food from the second you pick up a pouch of Felix. As far as they're concerned, putting it in the bowl first is a waste, they'd much prefer that I emptied the pouch directly into their mouths.

The only way one would eat more than the other is if one of them got carried away and ate the other one.

They're both as bad as each other although the male ginger one is more daring in taking food off people plates (he waits until you're distracted then moves at the speed of light)

--

[url=http://www.petsathome.com/shop/fresh-flow-water-fountain-for-cats-and-small-dogs-by-petmate-15357[b]Waterfall[/b][/url]

The best thing we ever bought ours, they drink far more now and can't knock it over as that was George's favourite trick. We can also leave them for a few days and know they won't knock the bowl over and go thirsty.

Dave!

Updated January 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

My cat eats more some days than others - he doesn't seem to be gaining weight, but when he's been active during the day he can get through 4 pouches; plus he always has a bowl of IAMS which he can dip into. And I always thought one pouch in the morning and one in the evening was enough :lol:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular