Forums > Moaning forum > Mrs Browns Boys

MRS BROWNS BOYS
Previous | 12 | Next

Dear god the worst television I have ever suffered.

Cheers

Steve

_Steveo_ said...

Dear god the worst television I have ever suffered.

Cheers

Steve

This is correct. Along with most of tv these days

--

Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.

Thank god somebody said that

Everyone at work keeps banging on about it and yet when I have watched snippets I have never laughed less!

--

Cheers Ben

I like it... Not THE best thing on telly, but it makes me laugh..
I like its amateurish charm... Its not slick and some of the acting is awful, but that's part of the show.

Just a query... Did any of you like father ted? Or did u see that in much the same way?

The first few minutes raised a snigger but it bored me soon after, there's only so many times a man dressed as a granny can use the F-word as shock factor

My stepmum thinks its the funniest thing in the world. Previously I've seen her practically piss herself watching a bird in the garden. Therefore, ahm oot.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Just a query... Did any of you like father ted? Or did u see that in much the same way?

I think father ted is mostly great.

Cheers

Steve

I watched the xmas special and it was okay, but nothing to go crazy about.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

TV to be filed with Miranda. Hopelessly terrible.

I've seen a few episodes - at the time I thought it was OK but I can't face watching any more. One trick pony, and isn't it a bit cliched to portray the Irish as thick? Not that I really care about being PC, but I've never met a thick Irishman in my life!

I think it's great.:lol:

Interesting fact - most of the cast are actually related.

--

Entirely pointless

JL said...

I've seen a few episodes - at the time I thought it was OK but I can't face watching any more. One trick pony, and isn't it a bit cliched to portray the Irish as thick? Not that I really care about being PC, but I've never met a thick Irishman in my life!

Father Ted did that, but had the magic touch of being actually funny as it did it, mostly thank to Dermot Morgan and Ardal O' Hanlon being a perfect double act.

"One last time Dougal; This cow is small. The ones out there are far away"

Personally I really like it. I've watched all the episodes till now, and even though it can be a bit crap from time to time, I always laugh more than I thought I would.

However, my wife thinks it's complete crap! Thats the french for you ;).

Updated January 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

--

Nuts on the road

My boys love it. I think it is ok, but i have been in pain with laughter when he goes off script and you can see the other cast members genuinely wetting themselves.

JL said...

I've seen a few episodes - at the time I thought it was OK...

Shame on you. I'm going to remember this the next time you get uppity.

mik said...

My boys love it. I think it is ok, but i have been in pain with laughter when he goes off script and you can see the other cast members genuinely wetting themselves.

This. It wouldn't be anywhere near as funny if they edited all those bits out. For 10pm, beer and winding down for the night there are far worse things on the Box.

ukpete said...

I think it's great.:lol:

Interesting fact - most of the cast are actually related.

Aye - the daughter is his wife.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

I saw a few clips and I've decided it's one of the least funny things I've ever seen.

Didn't much like Father Ted either.

--

This ^

I didn't see Father Ted as portraying all Irish as thick, things like 'small, far away' work equally for any nationality.
I've largely avoided MBB, intrigued by the off-script bits now though.

--

Moon on a stick.

N said...

JL said...

I've seen a few episodes - at the time I thought it was OK...

Shame on you. I'm going to remember this the next time you get uppity.

You probably won't have too long to wait :lol:

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular