Forums > General > M335i

M335I
Previous | 1 | Next

Is there room for an "M335i" in the range? It would allow the M3 to be much more extreme and NA. And those who would otherwise buy an M135i, but for its looks, would have an alternative. I'm thinking same engine as M135i with a slight increase in boost and nicer wheels than the 1er.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

That was what the 335is was supposed to be, but imo it feels so close to a 335 (bar the different transmission) that I'd choose either the 335 or m3 were I in the market.

Wouldn't it only work if they could continue the VFM philosophy? The current 335 is up to 40k with any toys and the M3 will be 55/60k
Don't see anyway they could bring it into the range unfortunately as it would be a an awesome car. More likely is a the saloon version of the one which should sort the looks out.

--

Cheers Ben

Visceral1111 said...

That was what the 335is was supposed to be, but imo it feels so close to a 335 (bar the different transmission) that I'd choose either the 335 or m3 were I in the market.

Was the 335is a US market car? We didn't get it in the UK.

Since BMW already offer an F30 335i in MSport trim, the differences to turn it into an M335i would have to be worthwhile. And it would no doubt become more pricey, losing the M135's bargainous feel.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

From what I've read the US market iS gets a power increase over the standard 335i.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

mattcambs said...

From what I've read the US market iS gets a power increase over the standard 335i.

335is has the n54 twin turbo 320hp/332tq w/ overboost to ~370.

A stronger 6mt or dual clutch.
Auxiliary radiator for better cooling.

it's a fun car but would be great if they had put the m-diff in the back end.

Updated January 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular