Forums > General > 0%

0%
Previous | 1 | Next

that is what BMW are offering on an M5 and an M3 at the moment, along with a large dealer deposit. (I think it is also on the 7 and 6 series as well)

Starting to look really good value, especially the M5.

This thread disagrees CLICKY

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

I've never fully understood the leasing option as a non business buyer. I can see if you can exclude the VAT how much more sense it makes, does this also apply to a private buy or lease ?

11k down on the M5 deal :?

Lease is under 4k and 620 a month, makes it an entirely more attractive proposition.

--

A yellow loltus

I was wondering earlier whether BMW will be offering some aggressive APR deals again later this year when the new E Class is released.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Alan said...

I've never fully understood the leasing option as a non business buyer. I can see if you can exclude the VAT how much more sense it makes, does this also apply to a private buy or lease ?

See Foz's post below :)

Plus you still have to pay half of the vat unless the car is used exclusively for business purposes, eg a taxi.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

so who is the best and most reliable leasing company, and are there any obvious downsides ?

Alan said...

I've never fully understood the leasing option as a non business buyer.

In the other thread I illustrate that even when paying VAT at the full rate as a private customer, leasing is cheaper than the 0% finance offer.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

We had excellent service from Wessex Fleet Solutions who brokered our lease with Lex. There are lots of good companies. The trick is to watch for the special offers. Compared to buying brand new I couldnt really see any downside unless you want to add lots of options.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Alan said...

so who is the best and most reliable leasing company, and are there any obvious downsides ?

Use a lease search site like ContractHireAndLeasing.com they'll do the searching for you.

The only recommendation is to look at the total cost of "ownership", often the "cheap deals" are because there's 6 months upfront for example.

I generally ignore the 6+ deals, and look at 3+23 or 3+35

Edit.. ah, yeah, Matt hits the biggest thing to watch for.. options. Whatever option you go for will be amortized over the term, so if you want a £1k option.. that'll be £1000 divided by 36 months on top.

Look for deals that include options like Nav for free. Our E-class doesn't have Nav as standard, so when a deal came up that included it in the price (saving about £40 a month) we jumped at it.

Updated January 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Ta, that will be my sunday morning job then !

Also check the excess mileage fee. It can be quite high on some deals whereas on others it can be worth deliberately choosing a low annual mileage allowance and paying the excess fee at the end of the lease.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular