Forums > General > Just driven a C63

JUST DRIVEN A C63
Previous | 12 | Next

Today I drove a C63 for the first time. The owner is a subcontractor boss at work who came down to discuss some things. Soon as the meeting was finished I asked for a p ride. To my suprise he tossed the keys at me and said its all insured enjoy! I said I'll only take round the industrial estate but then we have a tunnel right by us so the journey lasted a bit longer.
What can I say about the car? Well it feels like its built like a merc should be, solid through and through. The seats are great and cabin is a lovely place to be.
This the most powerful car I've had the luxury to drive so I thought I'd make the most of it, so sport + it was :D it would light the tires so easily and the TC would intervene but from then on it was lean back and enjoy v8 noise and power. The noise through the tunnel was immense with all 4 windows down it was bliss.
The way the thing accelerates is relentless and I was looking for straight bits of road to mash the pedal as I didn't fancy doing it on a corner. The engine is superb.
I returned to the office car park and put it in P opened the doors and the fans were on full trying to cool the massive v8 which made me embarrassed as I thought he might realise what I'd been doing but when I turned the engine off they stopped :oops:All I then had to wait for was the smell off hot/burnt tyres to go. I did no hard cornering it must just have been the immense horse power tearing them apart in a straight line.
[img]http://[/img]

--

For sure

Like!

8)

Nice 8)
Not sure about the plate though...

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

It's such a great motor, but the transmission (drove an 11') is such a let down.

Nice. Sat in then a couple of times, they really get going from 40mph!

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Visceral1111 said...

It's such a great motor, but the transmission (drove an 11') is such a let down.

I drove a black series a few times and whilst the engine was mesmerizing I longed for a manual, or even a decent DSG. Some cars just shouldn't be auto's.

Drove them on the wet circle and test track at Mercedes world. I'm a fan.

--

Cheers

Rich

Excellent 8) I'm a big fan of the C63.

I like that plate.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

It's missing a 'TW'

--

How about not having a sig at all?

What I liked was the fact it accelerated at 60 like it was at 5 mph. It didn't get slower the faster you went it just carried on accelerating at the same speed (giggle)

--

For sure

great car, but the exhuast tips could be more subtle

Lovely car. Wouldn't have cream interior but otherwise a nice car.

Ron Burgundy said...

What I liked was the fact it accelerated at 60 like it was at 5 mph. It didn't get slower the faster you went it just carried on accelerating at the same speed (giggle)

Big power ftw 8)

I love 3rd in mine, but on the brief autobahn occaisions i've been able to use the far end of the rev range in 4th, the shove remains tres impressive.

Deeply desirable cars (more so than the M3 which I also drove a few years back).

I've often read about "small cars with engine that are too big for them" and never actually experience it - but now I totally get it.

They go nicely sideways too :)

nice car, seems like a pretty decent guy too, to just toss you the keys :D

Great opportunity!

I think they are mega. Very 8)

I love them! Especially the sound, even just when cruising in town. Totally awesome, as they say. 8)

Zorrosmart said...

great car, but the exhuast tips could be more subtle

:shock: seriously?!

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular