Forums > General > Which 4x4 tyre?

WHICH 4X4 TYRE?
Previous | 1 | Next

The front tyres on the CRV are likely to need done soon but the wife had to have a rear pumped up today to get home from work.

We will see if it remains inflated but I suspect the rubbish rural roads have taken their toll and it will be a puncture.

I have only had 2 4x4s, one had proper hard core Kumho knobblies on it, the CRV has 4 Bridgestone Duellers.

I have no idea how long these things last miles wise or whether another tyre would be cheaper or more economical etc etc.

We do not use it off road although we did drive out of some pretty squishy mud week before last

If you go near slightly muddy stuff regularly "General Grabber AT's"
If not just get road tyres...

--

artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

muddy roads and the odd grassy car park or caravan site is about it!

I think the General Grabbers might be a bit extreme on a CRV!

Cheers. :)

I always used to run Pirelli Scorpion STR's on my Jeep Patriot and they were spot on all year round. Not quite as grippy on dry roads and the OEM Conti Sport Contact 2's but superb in adverse conditions. I always got them from Camskill or Mytyres for the best prices and got them fitted locally.

Highly recommended!!!

Scorpion STR's

BFGoodrich All Terrains. They last forever, have good all round grip and they are the tyre of choice for overlanders for a reason.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular