Forums > General > Keeping up with the Joneses

KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES
Previous | 12 | Next

My neighbour has just bought an Audi R8

:(

Updated January 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Saw a nice electric blue R8 V10 in Kenilworth on Wednesday. That's what you need, presuming your neighbour has a mere V8.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

But the V8 is apparently the better steer?

This isn't about a better steer, this is about beating the Joneses! Two extra cylinders = two better.;)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Not sure what is is, just know it's an R8.

Still got his chavvy spaced numberplate on so will have to check.

Jobbo said...

electric blue R8 V10

Is the correct R8 spec.

--

This ^

Get this!

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Nah, R8 has got to be black.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

It's grey I think, looks a bit lighter than I thought, not far off silver

Get the adult version rather than the boy's

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

no, get this

duncs500 said...

Also correct.

--

This ^

_Mick_N said...

The side blades on the V10 stick out a bit, whereas the V8 (for those poor sods with no money) has straight blades.

V8

V10

--

securitycheck said...

I love the way that half the people on here design F1 cars for a living. :roll:

Dr J.Zoidberg said...

_Mick_N said...

The side blades on the V10 stick out a bit, whereas the V8 (for those poor sods with no money) has straight blades.

V8

V10

Plus the V10 has twin oval pipes, whilst the V8 has quad round ones. And the wheels are different.

That pink wrapped V8 is good value provided the wrap (which has to come off, it goes without saying) isn't hiding a bodged paintjob or repair.

Manual is the only way to go.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

That pink wrapped V8 is good value provided the wrap (which has to come off, it goes without saying) isn't hiding a bodged paintjob or repair.

It states its a Cat D and therefore safe to assume you'll find a patchwork quilt under that wrap :lol:

duncs500 said...

Nah, has to be white.

(What am I saying!! :shock: )

Now that it has a proper dual clutch box I would seriously consider one over the GTR (well, if I didn't have the back seat reqirement)

Updated January 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

carlos said...

David_Yu said...

It states its a Cat D and therefore safe to assume you'll find a patchwork quilt under that wrap :lol:

What's wrong with the drivers seat? Looks like it's been badly re-trimmed after an airbag deployed.

duncs500 said...

Black always looks great on Coupés, when they're clean, for all of 5 seconds.

Personally I cant get beyond the looks of the R8 it just looks like a pumped up TT, Ignoring the fact that they are rather good to drive they look sort of chubby. I suppose when audi announced the R8 I was hoping they would have made it look like this....

Now the Avus was a desirable looking bit of kit.

Steve H said...

Personally I cant get beyond the looks of the R8 it just looks like a pumped up TT, Ignoring the fact that they are rather good to drive they look sort of chubby. I suppose when audi announced the R8 I was hoping they would have made it look like this....

Now the Avus was a desirable looking bit of kit.

You were hoping it would like a Boatshoes logo?

Dammit, this makes no sense now you've edited the link!

Updated January 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular