Forums > General > Which Tablet

WHICH TABLET
Previous | 12 | Next

The Mrs has decided that the she / the nipper wants a tablet.

WiFi only, no need for a mobile internet. Doesn't need to be big - 8 or 16 GB would be fine. No particular preference.

Nexus 7 ??

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Get a Nabi 2

http://www.nabitablet.com/

After taking the p.o.s Kurio back to the shop really happy with it.

Seperate Adult and Child modes, have a butchers as the video.

Updated January 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Nexus 7

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Nexus 7.

How old is the nipper by the way ? Ben only 3.5 but know the way around an Ipad but with the Nabi you can easily configure it so he can only access the apps suitable for him.

I am planning on buying a Nexus 7 in the near-ish future.

--

It's not a Golf

Nipper's 6 and very tech savy so want something future proof.

Nexus 7 seems to be the one to go for

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

You Tube has a pretty aggressive filter and you can install safebrowser for the internet and put a PIN on Play Store purchases.

Our 8 and 3 year olds got a Nexus7 each for Xmas.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

_Mick_N said...

How old is the nipper by the way ? Ben only 3.5 but know the way around an Ipad but with the Nabi you can easily configure it so he can only access the apps suitable for him.

That seems quite expensive.

Nexus 10

Oh and there are many methods for specific app restriction.

--

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

_Mick_N said...

That seems quite expensive.

We have an Ipad3 and a Kindle Fire HD and I'm quite happy with it, I'd say just as fast as the Ipad and also comes with a bumper so when his brother Sam comes over and nicks it off him it's less likely to break.

Bought the Missus a 32 GB Nexus 7 for Christmas and we are very impressed with it. Mainly used for web browsing and nothing too complex but very much fit for that purpose.

Purchased from Currys and managed to find a discount code on line so cost £194 including delivery

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

My kids both got Nexus 7s for Christmas and quite frankly, they're brilliant. Lovely display and nice build quality.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Posting from my nexus 7, which as others have said is great. Also there are some good deals available on the galaxy tab 2 7, got one of these for about £130 over the holidays which makes it quite compelling too as it runs jellybean, has dual core and decent GPU and is expandable with microsd.

Carl.

We have a Kindle Fire HD and a Nexus 7.
The build on the Kindle is better, IMO, but the Nexus has a better OS and is less locked-down, at the price of some of the Kindle's simplicity of use.

Autocorrect is awful on the Kindle, and annoying on the Nexus. So don't rule out spending double on the iPad.

Review from the Mrs (Fire HD) : my phone is now redundant.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

For me the best of all worlds at the moment would be an unlocked Barnes & Noble Nook HD+.

Big screen, 1920 x 1080 resolution, expandable storage, relatively cheap.

Only issue is that cut down restricted front end. However, it does seem to be possible to root it and change it to standard JellyBean or to put CM10 on an SD card.

Bit of a hassle though. So I'm waiting for an equivalent that comes out of the box like that.

--

Another vote for the Nabi 2 here. Great kit.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Si_ said...

Autocorrect is awful on the Kindle, and annoying on the Nexus. So don't rule out spending double on the iPad

They do learn though and mine is improving a lot after 2 weeks, I do regularly hit the v instead of the space when trying to type quickly though.

Carl

Si_ said...

Autocorrect is awful on the Kindle

Too right bloody infuriating. Until you switch it off of course ;)

Got the wife a Kindle HD for Christmas. Very impressed with the screen on it. Certainly better than my iPad (first gen).

--

BMW Car Magazine

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular