Forums > General > Dryathlon

DRYATHLON
Previous | 12 | Next

Why on earth did I think not drinking for a month was a good idea?

My body feels like it has been robbed of a natural additive and to top it all I have lost the grand total of two pounds for ten days of complete abstinence

Given I have done bugger all with sponsorship is it really bad form to give in this weekend?

To make things worse I think the missus may crack regardless of what I do

Cheers
Ben

--

Cheers Ben

:D I'm not doing a sponsored dryathlon, but I haven't drank since NYE and was not planning to until Feb. Unfortunatly a girl (definitely/I'd like to think so) I know is moving back to Oz and having a leaving do on the 26th so I feel obliged to go.

I am planning to hang in there until then, although the temptation is always there of a weekend.

Stay strong brother! Do something wholesome like hiking in the hills instead.;)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Don't understand this phenomenon. If you're not able to drink in moderation then faux charity events are probably not your ideal first priority.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tim said...

Don't understand this phenomenon. If you're not able to drink in moderation then faux charity events are probably not your ideal first priority.

Where does anyone say they are not able to drink in moderation?

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Nobody specifically here Duncs, I'm just saying that to me someone saying they are actively giving up the drink for a month implies that person is drinking too much to begin with.

I'm not a big drinker, so I don't see the fascination in getting bladdered personally.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

I don't think so, I don't get bladdered much these days, but I do find a couple of ales in a decent pub a pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

For me it's mostly about reducing my calorific intake after the eating and drinking of Christmas, and also reminding me that alcohol is not that important.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

I'm been on one since I was 17 ;).

Anyone who finds going without alcohol for a month a genuine challenge has a problem.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

NotoriousREV said...

Anyone who finds going without alcohol for a month a genuine challenge has a problem.

This... and I'm Irish ffs!!:roll:

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

There's a few things I couldn't go without for a month - does this mean I have problems? :(

Dinny_G said...

NotoriousREV said...

Agreed. Dinny, could you give up taters for a month? :D

NotoriousREV said...

You seem to have a problem with people that drink alcohol, why is that ?

You lot are all old and have kids, of course drinking is not something worthwhile. For us busy socialites, we get invited to social events in bars.

Anyway, I know I'm wasting my breath so I'll leave it.:roll:

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Daddydadbo said...

Dinny_G said...

NotoriousREV said...

I rarely eat potato - more of a pasta man for my carb requirements :lol:

--

_Mick_N said...

NotoriousREV said...

You seem to have a problem with people that act as if a months abstinence is a massive sacrifice

:roll:

Dinny_G said...

Daddydadbo said...

Dinny_G said...

NotoriousREV said...

I rarely eat potato - more of a pasta man for my carb requirements :lol:

I meant the crisps, I wasn't being quite so stereotypical! :D (a potato based snack is far less offensive!)

Fair point - I do likes me crisps!!

Still, there's probably very little spud on your average bag of crisps..

--

Dinny = Worst... Irishman... evar.

;)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

I know - I even like the English :shock: :lol:

--

Dinny_G said...

I know - I even like the English to be sure, beggorah :shock: :lol:

HTH

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular